Anyone Have a Thermal/Sonic Build Than Can Handle 4-Star Content?

00Troy00

Stacking -res would definitely help, you'd have to have steady -regen as well. Luckily Heat Exhaustion provides -500% Regen debuff for 40 seconds with a base recharge of 120 seconds.

Melt Armor has a base recharge of 150 seconds and a duration of 40 seconds.

Having enough recharge in your build you can get that CD down enough but there's better options for killing AVs.

AVs and GMs have pretty high regen and most have bonuses to particular resistances (infernal can resist fire and cold better than other resistances for example). Resistance levels are their own debuff resistance so your resistance debuffs will be resisted to a degree.

I think the project has merit, but you'd likely have better results with Cold/, Poison/, Trick Arrow/, and Radiation/.

I would build it on test first to see if you like the results before committing to it on the production servers.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Stacking -res would definitely help, you'd have to have steady -regen as well. Luckily Heat Exhaustion provides -500% Regen debuff for 40 seconds with a base recharge of 120 seconds.

Having enough recharge in your build you can get that CD down enough but there's better options for killing AVs.

AVs and GMs have pretty high regen and most have bonuses to particular resistances (infernal can resist fire and cold better than other resistances for example). Resistance levels are their own debuff resistance so your resistance debuffs will be resisted to a degree.

I think the project has merit, but you'd likely have better results with Cold/, Poison/, Trick Arrow/, and Radiation/.

I would build it on test first to see if you like the results before committing to it on the production servers.

Thank you for the feedback.

• 2 weeks later
On 8/1/2023 at 8:32 AM, SeraphimKensai said:

I was thinking further about your comments and the idea of Trick Arrow is appealing because I could stay at range for everything. What secondary(ies) pair best with it?

Hmmm...each secondary has its benefit and drawback but you said you want an AV hunter.

Beam Rifle might not be a bad choice as Disintegrate does an extra -150 Regen and Piercing Beam does an extra -20 res. Cutting Beam can fit 2 -res procs as well. The energy damage would easily ignite Oil slick. If you want to stay at range you could go with black scorpion for his shield and the AoE web to immobilize mobs in your oil slick fire.

Drawback is that you don't have a heal, so your survivability will be based on your debuffs and slotting.

2 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Drawback is that you don't have a heal, so your survivability will be based on your debuffs and slotting.

Power Transfer: Chance of Heal Self in Stamina and Call of the Sandman: Chance of Heal Self in PGA help out nicely in this regard.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."