Loki Season 2

14 hours ago, BrandX said:

But regardless, I want new YOUNG cast, so they can last awhile without making the characters become to old to quickly.

I'd prefer episodic as well: 40 minute episodes, like The Mandalorian, but with at least 13 episodes per season, unlike The Mandalorian's 8 episodes Probably creating the concurrent spin-offs like X-Force, X-Caliber, and New Mutants, maybe even an animated show or two, like What If..? in style, to get as many in as possible.  X-men collectively is such a huge story that one really cannot do justice with a movie every 3 years, like Guardians of the Galaxy.

I liked season 2 and the series as a whole.  I don't agree with a lot of the criticisms I've seen about the Loki series though.  Only beef I have is in the writing for Sylvie this season.  Once she knew that doing what she did at the end of Season 1 would lead to the destruction of literally everything, you'd think she'd change her ways.  Not changing a lick despite that makes her a narcissist to the extreme and truly an unlikable character.  She's the worst part of season 2, if not the whole show IMO. 

• 2 weeks later
On 1/7/2024 at 8:34 AM, Excraft said:

I liked season 2 and the series as a whole.  I don't agree with a lot of the criticisms I've seen about the Loki series though.  Only beef I have is in the writing for Sylvie this season.  Once she knew that doing what she did at the end of Season 1 would lead to the destruction of literally everything, you'd think she'd change her ways.  Not changing a lick despite that makes her a narcissist to the extreme and truly an unlikable character.  She's the worst part of season 2, if not the whole show IMO. 

Didn't she, in the end, try to help tho?  That said, I will agree, in the second season, not as likable.

• 2 weeks later
On 1/18/2024 at 10:35 PM, BrandX said:

Didn't she, in the end, try to help tho?  That said, I will agree, in the second season, not as likable.

Not as I remember it, but admittedly I started tuning out whenever she was on screen.  I just don't like her character and her extreme narcissism at all.

On 1/28/2024 at 1:51 PM, Excraft said:

I just don't like her character and her extreme narcissism at all.

I mean, that line wasn't crossed when they basically fell in love with themselves? 🤣

Mostly kidding, while that was a great expression of the narcissism in the Loki variants, I do get what you mean. Loki "prime" had a clear arc -growth/change based on his experiences within the story line - while Sylvie was more of a static character throughout. I sort of think this was effective for the story being told though, she's not strictly a "foil" in the true sense of the trope, but the contrast between the way the two respond to the chain of events served to highlight the progression of Loki "prime" rather nicely, imo.

I didn't develop a dislike for her, per se, but I can see how someone would.

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.