Regeneration's Integration Sound Timing Way Off (Quick Fix, Explained)

Solarverse

First, Integration has 4 different sound files it plays upon activation. All 4 sound bites should be playing simultaneously. These sounds are heal1_loop/regen3/regen4 and the new version of /Tarzan. These sounds and effects should all activate the very second you toggle on the power. (See Troll Gardvord with Regeneration Integration for example)

The original version is what the Gardvord uses, their version of the /Tarzan animation does not sound like a drum beating when you beat your chest. Our version has been changed. Their version is the original version of Integration and the activation sequence plays properly for them. It does not play properly for us I suspect is because the OG Devs broke it when they tried to give it the new /Tarzan that we currently have today. Somewhere along the implementation, they got the timing wrong and front loaded the /Tarzan emote to play first, prior to the power effect and sound effects of Integration.

When the OG Devs replaced the Integration animation with the new version of /Tarzan, they broke how it is suppose to time out. Now, Integration plays the /Tarzan first, then when that is completely finished animating, then Integration kicks on, which plays the 3 sound loops and effects for Integration. That is not how it is supposed to work, it is supposed to play all of it at the same time.

Easy fix, is simply to get rid of the new version of Tarzan for activating Integration, and replace the file with the file that the Gardvord use. They should all be playing simultaneously, not one after the other.

Sorry, but this has been irking me for the past 10+ years now. Ever since they first broke it by changing the animation for it. I can't stand how the OG Devs use to break things and then just brush it off to the side like it never happened instead of fixing what they broke. Hopefully we can finally have this fixed? Thanks in advanced.

Edited by Solarverse
for clarity

• Solarverse changed the title to Regeneration's Integration Sound Timing Way Off (Quick Fix, Explained)
32 minutes ago, Captain Fabulous said:

You can make this change on your end.

I have a very vast history of making sound mods for this game, like...a lot. Trust me when I tell you, this is something that cannot be done on my end.

22 minutes ago, Captain Fabulous said:

OK, if you say so. 🤷

I must admit, I find your snideness a bit off here. Since it is clear that you yourself do not make mods, or you would know this. This also means that you are giving other players bad advice. Which means because of your advice, players are taking the time to try and learn how to make a mod that helps them with their problem (time is valuable) just to find out that they can only change the sounds, maybe even delay sounds, adjust the volume of sounds, but cannot make a sound activate faster. So they end up spending all that time to try and fix something on their end, just to learn that what they are trying to fix is a server side issue, not a client side issue. In other words, you are giving people bad advice, then when they tell you that you are wrong, even in a nice way, you come back with a snide remark. Please stop giving bad advice, if you don't know anything about the subject matter, you shouldn't be giving out advice like this.

I have made countless mods for this game, some of which you may be using and not even realizing it originated by me. I have a very rounded understanding of what can and cannot be done when it comes to sounds in this game. The rude gesture was out of line.

53 minutes ago, Captain Fabulous said:

I would refrain from thinking you know anything about me.

Yet you put yourself out there for me to judge you...

You are a prime example as to why many people simply do not want to post the forums. I came to the Bug Report forums with a legit issue, one in which I even have knowledge of, even presented a possible easy solution, just for some Mr. Thinkstheyknowitall to come in on top of it, brush it off with, "you can fix that on your side," which is completely bad and wrong advice. All that stands to do is undermine the issue with a false presumption that it's not a problem because it can be resolved client side; it cannot. You say that you would refrain from thinking that I know anything about you? I would suggest you take your own advice. You did that when your response to me was, "Okay, if you say so" which is a completely snide and dismissive response and a huge indicator that you think that you know me; or know more than me.

So if you don't want somebody to judge you, perhaps you shouldn't respond to people as if they are incompetent, especially when it quickly became clear that you don't have a full understanding how mods work in this game. I may not know you (and don't want to, wouldn't want to even if I did) but I do know that you don't fully understand how sound mods work...otherwise you would not have responded in the way that you did.

If you are going to respond with advice on a bug report, you should first make sure your advice is spot on, otherwise you are wasting people's precious time and giving very bad advice.

Edited by Solarverse