Any suggestions for a good Dual Pistols/Pain dom defender build?

GrandPotato

I admit I'm a bit of a newb at build well building, I don't really even know half of the IOs in the game, I was thinking of trying to make a Dual pistols/pain dom combo build, kind of like a mob boss with healer support for people, and I'm just not sure what's the good ratio on a defender of how to slot out the slots and what Ios to get, if anyone could give any suggestions I'd gladly take them just kind of fumbling at the moment.

imo -

Pain dom:

spacer.png

the heals are good, and you can main heal a group and very much assist a league if you take all 3. slot heavily.

enforced morale is a widely scoped buff, as well as a 'dispel' for cc. it lasts for 90s, so its nice for blappers, or anyone who isnt packing a toggle or reactive cc breaker.  you dont need to slot it.

soothing aura is good for 6 slot, panacea.  it will proc on others in the aura, youll get the set bonuses.

id not bother heavily slotting world of pain, leaving it single. its good base, and youll be hurting for slots on damaging powers if you properly slot out all heals.

2 recharge in anguishing cry, pair with haste, again with 2 recharge in it.

honestly, of i were to skip one, itd be pain bringer. you can maybe get it from 5m down to 2m15ish with a LOT of recharge.

if you like painbringer, consider burnout from speed pool.

dual pistols, im afraid i dont play enough (though regularly mean to) to comment.

I haven't built one although I need to work on a Time/dp which should be easy enough since I've done Time twice now. I would try to focus on one of the two powersets and then go from there. The attacks might be the easiest since the ATOs get slotted there. Figure out what you are building for. DP likes to be in melee so S/L and Range Def will be easy targets to go after. Outside of that, Recharge and the End to pull it off. Resist will be nice, but with Defender's Resist cap and lower HP, I don't worry about it too much.

One note on slotting. If you don't need to 6-slot an attack for the bonus, skip the D/R IO. Either save the slot or stick a proc into the 6th slot. This can make it easy to get 2 damage procs into an attack.

Edited by Without_Pause

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."