How do you get started in the RP server?

Attaxia

Go to places where people RP (Pocket D) and walk up to strangers! Keep an eye out for RP teams in LFG. If you're into the club scene, there's clubs open pretty much every night. If you're not into the club scene, there are RP groups who recruit.

The biggest obstacle is having to talk to strangers.

• Like 2

Give me money to draw your characters!

Visit one of the public RP spaces I've made on Everlasting!
Cabin-8752 - Funplex-11364 - Crash-15210 - Law-18824 - Exploreonfoot-20176 - Upside-14574 - Boardwalk-23004 - Gym-25035 - Chicken-25922 - Campus-25500 - Choochoo-28184

7 hours ago, Attaxia said:

'm curious on how to do so as I am currently getting into the game but I have RP experience.

I'm posting more so that other people will see this as it's getting into the more active time of the night.

I'm RP light I guess. I'll play in character, but I'm also communicating related to the game play which is an RP no-no for the more refined RP'rs I guess.

In my experience, most of the RP'ers are going to hang out in one of the social areas and mainly the Pocket D.

There are going to people standing around in Pocket D on Everlasting. They might already be chatting in /local. I would start chatting at them in /local in characters and see if they react or not. Go to the next group if they don't. 

I'm sure it is a hit or miss thing and there are plenty of  .... what do you call them ... cliques?

Good luck and have fun.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

• 3 weeks later

it's helpful to have an idea of what kind of rp You are looking for. if you have specific tastes or prefer very structured or rules driven rp you'll want to take a look at some of the sg advertisements for our shard. but if you're more casual about it, the easiest way is to just type in character when you are doing missions and such and you'll naturally end up in the company of likeminded characters over time.

another thing to take seriously is the type of role you're trying to take. will You be acting or being acted upon? in the second case it's actually very important that you have some established ideas about your motives since other people are going to be using that as the plot elements they'll be moving around or working with 😃