Electrifying Fences for farming?

honoraryorange

It's worth it over Pyre Mastery because it's Fences+Ball Lightning, two AoE's to Pyre Mastery's one. You also have to spend two less power slots to get those AoE's.

As for "getting over the aggro cap", I assume they meant how Fences is a DoT so the aggro fades off slower. You can tag a pack with it, and by the time you're finished clearing the current pack that's on you the pack you tagged will still have enough aggro left to head your way.

It's worth it over Pyre Mastery because it's Fences+Ball Lightning is two AoE's to Pyre Mastery's one. You also have to spend one less power slot to get those AoE's.

As for "getting over the aggro cap", I assume they meant how Fences is a DoT so the aggro fades off slower. You can tag a pack with it, and by the time you're finished clearing the current pack that's on you the pack you tagged will still have enough aggro left to head your way.

This^^

If I am engaged with 1 group at or above the aggro cap and another wanders by, I'll hit them with Elec Fences.  This keeps them from wandering too far away and by the time it wears off the other group is dead and the ticks of damage they take lets the aggro reapply once I am back under the cap.