My Elec/Elec Build

Akiceter

sort of.

a npc sapper can take you and hold you at 0 end effectively, stopping recovery for a time, leaving you at an end value too low to do anything.  the kind of thing that gets you detoggled armors, and most disconcerting!

you can sort of do this to mobs elec/elec, but they cheat a bit it seems.  cheat in that they keep acting more than they might, at least brawling / basic shooting. probably bc these cost almost no end.

but it does leave them standing longer than it might.

more effectively than say ice slows, or psi recharge ruinination? thatd be different tho.

more effective in elec, esp elec/elec as combo, and recently, is the shocked mechanic - if implemented on that elec set.

i dont know if its on melee / armor sets.

works for blaster, a lot.  extra strikes of dmg when end of target low. its not fire, but its a lot closer than before, and very zappy.

6 hours ago, honoroit said:

sort of.

a npc sapper can take you and hold you at 0 end effectively, stopping recovery for a time, leaving you at an end value too low to do anything.  the kind of thing that gets you detoggled armors, and most disconcerting!

you can sort of do this to mobs elec/elec, but they cheat a bit it seems.  cheat in that they keep acting more than they might, at least brawling / basic shooting. probably bc these cost almost no end.

but it does leave them standing longer than it might.

more effectively than say ice slows, or psi recharge ruinination? thatd be different tho.

more effective in elec, esp elec/elec as combo, and recently, is the shocked mechanic - if implemented on that elec set.

i dont know if its on melee / armor sets.

works for blaster, a lot.  extra strikes of dmg when end of target low. its not fire, but its a lot closer than before, and very zappy.

thanks for the info. As for the shocked mechanic. I think it has it but not sure.

23 minutes ago, Akiceter said:

thanks for the info. As for the shocked mechanic. I think it has it but not sure.

hopefully they implemented it on all AT, think so.

combat log will show lines with SHOCKED as part of text if its going off.

think i remember seeing it on corruptor, as well as blaster.

Edited by honoroit

Shocked is not a part of Elec Melee. Even if it did the mechanic would feel pretty nonexistent as Elec Melee attacks don't do a very good job of draining. Power Sink in Elec Armor actually does pretty ok at draining mobs, usually getting everything short of EBs to 0 end with 2-3 applications. Of course, in a zerg situation, this hardly matters, but it can lead to some impressive mitigation in solo play.

Here's how I run my Elec/Elec! Although it may be due for another pass soon.

elecelec.thumb.png.7abd74dcbdf6feacc5e1dd4f34dbfd99.png

Do a big zap - Tanker (Electric Armor).mbd

With my build, I wanted to emphasize AoE damage while still picking up some nice bonuses along the way. "But Betty! You didn't even take Thunder Strike!" Yup! I am really not a fan of it. It's just too slow! With that animation it should do a morbillion damage, but it doesn't. With some positioning, my rotation of Chain -> Jacobs Ladder -> Cross Punch will deal way more damage to a mob than 1 Thunder Strike and be up in time to repeat the loop.

If your goal is to make foes not able to fight, just spam Thunder Clap!

Burnout is for sticky situations!

Edited by Spaghetti Betty

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

15 minutes ago, honoroit said:

hopefully they implemented it on all AT, think so.

combat log will show lines with SHOCKED as part of text if its going off.

think i remember seeing it on corruptor, as well as blaster.

I don't see anything in log about shocking. The Electric mele powers all have Fiery Embrace damage info in the descriptions.

mmm, on city of data the blastwr sets are all data'd up with the shock effect (its the ones where you see an equation on mob endurance as a child effect, the tesla cage thing is something else and is also a pretty awesome addition for elec blasters)...

i dont see it there.

lucky blasters.

37 minutes ago, honoroit said:

mmm, on city of data the blastwr sets are all data'd up with the shock effect (its the ones where you see an equation on mob endurance as a child effect, the tesla cage thing is something else and is also a pretty awesome addition for elec blasters)...

i dont see it there.

lucky blasters.

I think tanks get Fiery Embrace instead. Don't know how to trigger it.

2 hours ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

Shocked is not a part of Elec Melee. Even if it did the mechanic would feel pretty nonexistent as Elec Melee attacks don't do a very good job of draining. Power Sink in Elec Armor actually does pretty ok at draining mobs, usually getting everything short of EBs to 0 end with 2-3 applications. Of course, in a zerg situation, this hardly matters, but it can lead to some impressive mitigation in solo play.

Here's how I run my Elec/Elec! Although it may be due for another pass soon.

elecelec.thumb.png.7abd74dcbdf6feacc5e1dd4f34dbfd99.png

Do a big zap - Tanker (Electric Armor).mbd 43.57 kB · 2 downloads

With my build, I wanted to emphasize AoE damage while still picking up some nice bonuses along the way. "But Betty! You didn't even take Thunder Strike!" Yup! I am really not a fan of it. It's just too slow! With that animation it should do a morbillion damage, but it doesn't. With some positioning, my rotation of Chain -> Jacobs Ladder -> Cross Punch will deal way more damage to a mob than 1 Thunder Strike and be up in time to repeat the loop.

If your goal is to make foes not able to fight, just spam Thunder Clap!

Burnout is for sticky situations!

I get why you picked energy mastery but why speed and leaping?

28 minutes ago, honoroit said:

oh, thats for having 'firey embrace' in fire armor.

this one: https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=tanker_defense.fiery_aura.fiery_embrace&at=tanker

its like build up, but lasts extra long on fire skills in particular.

that's the thing i don't get. I'm not a fire build and I never see any fire dam in the log so why is it in elc mele?

5 minutes ago, Akiceter said:

I get why you picked energy mastery but why speed and leaping?

Hasten provides +70% recharge to all of your powers for its duration.

Super Speed is a convenient travel pick since Burnout requires 2 other picks in the Speed pool.

Clicking Burnout instantly recharges all of your Primary and Secondary powers. This is very handy in emergencies where one application of Energize isn't enough to save your bacon.

Combat Jumping provides a small amount of DEF and excellent jump control at an extremely unnoticeable end cost. It can also mule a lot of valuable IOs.

7 minutes ago, Akiceter said:

that's the thing i don't get. I'm not a fire build and I never see any fire dam in the log so why is it in elc mele?

Every melee attack in the game will show it's potential bonus damage from Fiery Embrace, even if you'll never benefit from it. It's been that way since the data tab was introduced.

• Thumbs Up 2

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

18 minutes ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

Hasten provides +70% recharge to all of your powers for its duration.

Super Speed is a convenient travel pick since Burnout requires 2 other picks in the Speed pool.

Clicking Burnout instantly recharges all of your Primary and Secondary powers. This is very handy in emergencies where one application of Energize isn't enough to save your bacon.

Combat Jumping provides a small amount of DEF and excellent jump control at an extremely unnoticeable end cost. It can also mule a lot of valuable IOs.

Every melee attack in the game will show it's potential bonus damage from Fiery Embrace, even if you'll never benefit from it. It's been that way since the data tab was introduced.

so basically, if I play with someone who uses fire, I will get this bonus dam but if I play by myself or those without fire abilities its basically pointless. Kind of wish I did a fire/elec build instead.

Edited by Akiceter