Sleeper Hits

MagicalAct

On live I played nothing but controllers or defenders but on Homecoming defenders have become my favorite AT by a mile. I've spent more time on homecoming playing defenders than I have all the other ATs combined I reckon but recently I rolled a Traps/Storm defender with a theme in mind and since I hadn't see one in the wild. 

Oh my god. It's insanely safe. You get a ton of soft control, AoE damage, and great debuffs. It's a little low on the ST damage but that's okay. At level 27 I usually start IOing out my toons and this one is the toon I've been able to start bumping the difficulty towards 0x6 already with only about 20 mil put into IOs. I'm sure on teams it might be considered a little slow, both have a more over time playstyle but solo it's a buzz saw. Does anyone else have any weird combinations that performed better than people thought they would or feel like an overlooked gem?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, MagicalAct said:

a Traps/Storm defender

That sounds like a very interesting combo.  I may have to give it a try sometime.

20 minutes ago, Thraxen said:

ice/psi/psi dom

Did you also suggest that combo in my "horror-themed character" thread?  I've been meaning to give it a try...

I've taken 15 Defenders to 50, and counting. I think the biggest surprise for me was Jenny Foxgloves, Nature/Ice Blast.

Entangling Aura and Freeze Ray let me hold entire groups plus a boss very quickly. And then Ice Storm and Blizzard are perfect for taking them all down without anyone running away.

Both sets work for bigger tougher groups where you're going to be in one spot for more than a few seconds, allowing you to make the most of Nature's recovery/regen patch.

• Thumbs Up 1