Anyone have a guide for Bio/Spines?

brian9824

I've done a few bio/ tanks, with bio/spines one of them i can scare up a build later. My takes are as follows: 

Bio: awesome set, tank values and ATOs make it beastly. Loves recharge and slow resist. I enjoy 3 slotting Ablative and Parasitic with 3 +5 heal/rech IOs, DNA Siphon for heals, get e/n def to softcap or above, 27-30 s/l def is just fine. Ageless radial for debuff resistance when def or regen debuffed. 

Spines: it is what it is! I like Spines, and its single- target damage is lacking. Bio helps with that (I also like Stone Armor for that too). Find a boss and flail, the minions and Lts. will go down by association.

I take Barb Swipe, and avoid Impale, to keep the attacks flowing. Ripper slots a FF +recharge. Ice Mistral's Torment can be pieced in to reach for 100% slow resist, or just for it's proc. I put the full ATO sets in Quills and Genetic Contamination, the procs go off enough for me in there. 

10 hours ago, Grimm2 said:

I've done a few bio/ tanks, with bio/spines one of them i can scare up a build later. My takes are as follows: 

Bio: awesome set, tank values and ATOs make it beastly. Loves recharge and slow resist. I enjoy 3 slotting Ablative and Parasitic with 3 +5 heal/rech IOs, DNA Siphon for heals, get e/n def to softcap or above, 27-30 s/l def is just fine. Ageless radial for debuff resistance when def or regen debuffed. 

Spines: it is what it is! I like Spines, and its single- target damage is lacking. Bio helps with that (I also like Stone Armor for that too). Find a boss and flail, the minions and Lts. will go down by association.

I take Barb Swipe, and avoid Impale, to keep the attacks flowing. Ripper slots a FF +recharge. Ice Mistral's Torment can be pieced in to reach for 100% slow resist, or just for it's proc. I put the full ATO sets in Quills and Genetic Contamination, the procs go off enough for me in there. 

Thx that would be great, came back after 3+ years so no idea what has changed

How do you plan on playing:
1) Solo or in team, or both?
2) Do you plan on actively tanking?  (herding, pulling, essentially leading the team)
3) Will you play on +4/8 if soloing?
4) Do you plan on doing high end content at +4/8?  (ITF, DA missions, PI arcs)
5) What is your skill and/or comfort level with making builds?

3 hours ago, Nightmare Shaman said:

How do you plan on playing:
1) Solo or in team, or both?
2) Do you plan on actively tanking?  (herding, pulling, essentially leading the team)
3) Will you play on +4/8 if soloing?
4) Do you plan on doing high end content at +4/8?  (ITF, DA missions, PI arcs)
5) What is your skill and/or comfort level with making builds?

This one mostly teams, and like to be the main tank focusing on defense.  Pretty comfortable with builds, just been years so getting back in the groove.  

16 hours ago, brian9824 said:

Thx that would be great, came back after 3+ years so no idea what has changed

Here's what I am currently using. It is a generalist build, pretty tough with a few procs in the attack powers. You can definitely build it tougher if you want. I s/l farm with it in Offensive Mode, so you could always switch to Defensive if you need more bulk (I use a bind for that, like /bind lshift+r "powexec_name Offensive Adaptation$$powexec_name Defensive Adaptation"). I usually don't use Taunt, Throw Spines is pretty dope for managing stray aggro.

The FF+recharge in Ripper, and Ageless Radial Destiny when you're of level, is very helpful for boosting what I consider to be a middling recharge in this build. There's only 4 spendy Winter IOs for slow resistance, and the remaining slow resist is supplied by dirt-cheap Ice Mistral's. If you want more to-hit, consider swapping a slot from Inexhaustable into a early defense power for a Kismet proc.

In play, I actually use Ablative for tougher fights, and open with Parasitic Aura, DNA Siphon-ing the bodies, and moving on, using Parasitic on the next big group. Those 2 powers mainly keep up the endurance to run all these damn toggles.

Anyone watching, feel free to suggest improvements, I'm no build genius.

And style...they don't work for everything, but there's just something about Spines and Bio that can just...well. This is Kali Ma.

2023-10-09.png

Tanker - Bio Armor - Spines - Kali Ma.mbd