MutantsRUs and Preferred Origins

FFFF

19 hours ago, pawstruck said:

Oof. Feel free to add me to your "you hurt my feelings" list.

yeah, that isn't what it is.

More like a way to limit the number of people that I interact with that feel it necessary to insult people.

your post has no redeeming value, so yeah. your posts won't be worth reading. Better just to put you on ignore now and not have to bother with it later on. Not that you seem to post all that often anyways, but what the heck.

I hope it makes you feel good.

That was the point of your post, wasn't it?

And, yeah, the to title of the read is "MutantsRUs and Preferred Origins" so it was on topic.

I'm sorry you don't like to read and/or can't skip over stuff that you don't want to read.

Edited by UltraAlt

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

7 hours ago, huang3721 said:

One quick google search:

Screenshot_20231116-075913.jpg

yeah, exactly. "...in the meaning defined..."

Look up "cowherd" on the same site, and there is no etymology section ... and ...

First Known Use

before the 12th century, in the meaning defined above

Time Traveler
The first known use of cowherd was before the 12th century
Edited by UltraAlt

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

18 hours ago, TheOtherTed said:

If, however, you can quote a paper describing how a genetic mutation can let you shoot laser beams out of your eyes, or allow you to teleport like Nightcrawler, well, now, that would be something.

yes, it would be!

Definitely more interesting and powerful mutations than a suntan.

"I just had laser eye surgery."

"Oh, you mean Lasik eye surgery."

"No. I had the doctor put mutagens in my eyes so that I can shoot laser beams out of them. Check this out!"

"Hey, what are you doing?! You cut a hole in the side of my house!"

"Sorry. Luckily the doctor gave me these quartz ruby lens glasses to wear to stop the lasers from cutting through everything I see! I mean, sorry, I didn't mean to cut a hole in the side of your house. Will your insurance cover that?"

Edited by UltraAlt

On 11/13/2023 at 6:47 AM, pawstruck said:

I have to explain it to myself lol. My main involuntarily puts out an electromagnetic field, reducing kinetic impacts... but yeah, it actually makes me happy that he's not a kitted-out blaster and will still die to gunfire.

I guess with incarnates and stuff you could argue that origins are just that - an explanation of original powers - and that the character obtained more along the way, either through the Well or elsewhere. That's a pretty cool idea to me, but I would still write it into my backstory, as I often do my Epic/Patron sets... 🙃

It's in your best interest to do like everyone else on the forums does and put this person on ignore.

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|