Chat Tab/Communications Configuration

So I'm in a distinct number of chat groups in games, and finding keeping tab [sic] of all the potential places to have a conversation with my fellow players is proving to be somewhat confusing. How do you guys tend to arrange yours in the most efficient and user friendly manner? I'd love to see and maybe crib some ideas from you.

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

I have set my chat up with three panels. The bottom most is for character communication. Local, NPC, SG, team and whispers. Middle panel is for global communication. LFG, Help and Broadcast in one tab. Combat info in another tab and system stuff in a third. The top panel is for created channels, which I'm in 4 right now. Cape Radio gets it's own tab since it's busy and swamps everyone else out. RP and OOC are linked and most people who are in one are in the other Also conversations can reference one another, so it's important to keep them together. The Rookery channel has a lot fewer people so it stays in the same tab as RP and OOC.

I leave the global tab as is, but rarely use it.  I'm usually in my help tab, which is the help channel + any global channels I have.  When help blows up to painful to watch in-fighting, i have a chit-chat tab which is just my global channels.  And then I have a “team” tab with nothing in it that I use when teaming so I can focus on the team.

All my tabs have the system, cutscene, npc, local, team, rewards, and provate channels in them

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

the problem I find is that if I leave out some busy groups, I miss lots of into but if I have it in more than one window it swamps

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

I have set my chat up with three panels. The bottom most is for character communication. Local, NPC, SG, team and whispers. Middle panel is for global communication. LFG, Help and Broadcast in one tab. Combat info in another tab and system stuff in a third. The top panel is for created channels, which I'm in 4 right now. Cape Radio gets it's own tab since it's busy and swamps everyone else out. RP and OOC are linked and most people who are in one are in the other Also conversations can reference one another, so it's important to keep them together. The Rookery channel has a lot fewer people so it stays in the same tab as RP and OOC.

This is brilliant. Does anyone know if there's any way to save these configurations currently in game?

I'm out.

/chat_save Saves a list of chat settings to COH_INSTALL_DIRECTORY\chat.txt

/chat_load to load them

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting