Defender Duo for Pain Dom

BazookaTwo

So I just rolled two Defenders - the first is a Pain/dark, and the second is a Force Field/Psi

The idea being that even while Personal Force Field is up, you can still hit that character with Share Pain. The damage boost from Share pain is significant. I think I'm going to build the pocket defender (ff/psi) specifically for def first, and gear the other one towards Def and Damage. 

I think this will make for fun leveling. Anyone else try this before, or something similar?

Never tried that pairing either as a duo or dual boxing.  My only concern would be using Share Pain as a damage boost while the partner is using PFF.  The Share Pain user is going to effectively increase their threat and be unable to heal/regenerate as effectively while their partner is in a position to be unable to assist them.

Pacing is everything. Given the bubbles last 4 minutes. And once the bigger bubble is up and rolling...it should be fine. I'll build the pain dom character to also be able to team without their pocket bubble machine. It's a good case for rebirth 🤣

Edited by BazookaTwo

the self damage boost is only +31.25% for 15 seconds. if you wanted a pocket buffer, thermal may be a better option, forge will give +50% dmg for 2 minutes, along with thermal shield and plasma shield for useful +res

i would go with a pocket defender and a scrapper or similar for the fighter, i think you’ll find it a more effective combo