Energy Transfer and Dominator HP

ThrillMill

So... I'm just learning that Dominators have access to Energy Transfer from the Primal Forces Epic Pool. I guess my question to the forums would be if anyone here has tried it on their characters. My concern is that our relative overall HP is too low for a self-damaging power such as ET. My only other experience with it was on my Issue 2 Tanker wayyyy back when. I do find myself wanting to roll a Fire/Nrg Assault Blapper after learning that we have access to it.

That single target of TF > BS > ET + the AoE of Hot Feet and Imps is stimulating to say the least.

I have it on a dark/energy Dom, but only so I can get the 2 AoEs from the pool. The damage is good, I only tend to use it if eveyrhting is completley locked down and I'm left with a boss that is held but still has quite a lot of life. It doesn't get masses of use, but I didn't like the look of conserve power.

It's by far the most Single Target damage you will get on a dominator.  When it's slotted at lvl 50 it's stated to give me 850 points of damage on the target.  Most other tier 9 extreme damage melee attacks dom's get access to do about 500 points of damage all slotted out at lvl 50.  I've tried to compare that to the other tier 9 extreme damage melee attack I have in radiation and there's just nothing I can do to make up any sort of ground on Energy Transfer's 350 points which scale with buffs and debuffs on target.  I've tried to increase damage on my tier 9 radiation melee attack through Soul Drain and everything I just can't match the Energy Transfer damage, PvE that is. 

So I've given up I've submitted myself to the almighty Energy Transfer.  When I make a dom I target whether or not I'll be taking Energy Transfer, if so you will need a self healing power.  With that in mind that leaves /radiation and /dark, unless you're going power pool healing.  I prefer dark because the heal is ranged and super reliable and you get Gather Shadows which enhances a lot of things like your heal and controls, plus gives you a good damage boost for your ET.  In radiation you get the melee heal which heals for more but your target needs to be contaminated before you get healed which I find not to be as reliable as my /dark.  Plus there's some redundant attacks in radiation you won't want to take after you see how good Energy Transfer is in comparison.  It's all about boosting your Energy Transfer's efficiency if you're going that route. 

Also, Energy Transfer recharges well enough if you're slotting yourself for perma dom which will make all other decent melee attacks you have redundant.  You don't want to get caught in the air on that weak TF when you have ET looking at you like dude come on.  You might prefer something with good hard hitting range to balance with the ET.  The powers devs are also looking at dominator assault sets to give most a boost in effectiveness so things may change.

It's by far the most Single Target damage you will get on a dominator.  When it's slotted at lvl 50 it's stated to give me 850 points of damage on the target.  Most other tier 9 extreme damage melee attacks dom's get access to do about 500 points of damage all slotted out at lvl 50.  I've tried to compare that to the other tier 9 extreme damage melee attack I have in radiation and there's just nothing I can do to make up any sort of ground on Energy Transfer's 350 points which scale with buffs and debuffs on target.  I've tried to increase damage on my tier 9 radiation melee attack through Soul Drain and everything I just can't match the Energy Transfer damage, PvE that is. 

So I've given up I've submitted myself to the almighty Energy Transfer.  When I make a dom I target whether or not I'll be taking Energy Transfer, if so you will need a self healing power.  With that in mind that leaves /radiation and /dark, unless you're going power pool healing.  I prefer dark because the heal is ranged and super reliable and you get Gather Shadows which enhances a lot of things like your heal and controls, plus gives you a good damage boost for your ET.  In radiation you get the melee heal which heals for more but your target needs to be contaminated before you get healed which I find not to be as reliable as my /dark.  Plus there's some redundant attacks in radiation you won't want to take after you see how good Energy Transfer is in comparison.  It's all about boosting your Energy Transfer's efficiency if you're going that route. 

Also, Energy Transfer recharges well enough if you're slotting yourself for perma dom which will make all other decent melee attacks you have redundant.  You don't want to get caught in the air on that weak TF when you have ET looking at you like dude come on.  You might prefer something with good hard hitting range to balance with the ET.  The powers devs are also looking at dominator assault sets to give most a boost in effectiveness so things may change.

Haha, this is epic. Thank you for your response/input. I will say that I'm very tied to "theme" when it comes to my characters and as a result I've rolled an Elec/Elec/Mu and a Dark/Dark/Soul so far. Still very early in levels for both. I'm just not sure how I can RP a Dark/Rad/Primal. I'm sure there's a way. It sounds fairly awesome.

Haha, this is epic. Thank you for your response/input. I will say that I'm very tied to "theme" when it comes to my characters and as a result I've rolled an Elec/Elec/Mu and a Dark/Dark/Soul so far. Still very early in levels for both. I'm just not sure how I can RP a Dark/Rad/Primal. I'm sure there's a way. It sounds fairly awesome.

Well you can stay Dark/Dark and go primal.  For thematics to match my /dark look I just color the pom poms to match the soul noir coloring, looks pretty cool and thematic especially if you throw on some auras onto your fists.  I'm not advising Radiation btw, your /dark is much better suited already.