Outdoor Base Barriers?

DocEclipse

I have an outdoor base setup now and have the clipping working. How do I set it so my players can't fall off the edges? I want to contain my outdoor area to a specific area and not have my SG members falling into space or flying under the base. 

If you're building above or below the map, the only way to keep players from leaving the area you've created is to make sure there's nowhere from which they *can* leave. If you've got an open sky area, then flying chars *will* be able to leave your creation and fly around and under it. And if you've got edges that aren't blocked by walls, large rocks, thick groves of trees, or whatever, then even non-flying characters will be able to reach the edge and jump/fall off. Unfortunately, there's no way around that.

EDIT:

Actually, it occurs to me that there *might* be a way around the problem. I'm not home and so can't actually test this right now, but if you use large flat surfaces (like grass plates) to "box in" the open area, but face them outward, they'll be invisible (as they have no bottom texture) but should still stop characters from leaving the defined area.

EDIT #2:

I just checked, and yes, grass plates will indeed work as invisible walls.

EDIT:

Actually, it occurs to me that there *might* be a way around the problem. I'm not home and so can't actually test this right now, but if you use large flat surfaces (like grass planes) to "box in" the open area, but face them outward, they'll be invisible (as they have no bottom texture) but should still stop characters from leaving the defined area.

I think someone mentioned doing exactly that with the white floor tiles... but if it could be done with the grass plates, I think that would certainly be more efficient for such a large area.

Grass plates are preferable, because the white floors actually have a very fine beveled edge that can be just barely perceived from below.  Grass tiles lack this edge and are 100% invisible from below.