Heroes aren't showing up in MOST mayhem missions

TimesSeven

Just finished Bricks. No hero appeared despite the NPC chat from Holo Man. Ran through FF mayhem five times yesterday and I hero showed ONCE. I can't even begin to count the number of PI missions I've failed because the hero hasn't appeared. 

Starting to wonder if I should log a petition as soon as I zone in the hopes that MAYBE a GM will arrive before the deadline. 

Going to stop mayhem missions if they are this broken. 

I think I may have figured this out... when running x1 mayhem missions, the hero showed almost every time. When doing x3,  the hero was pretty reliable. I just finished an x6 mission where I had to search for the hero, but eventually found him loitering on the map. Guess he was part of a spawn and got stuck. I think that the more enemies you choose to fight, the greater the chance of the game getting "stuck" with the spawns. Just a theory, 

A few days ago, I was doing a PI mayhem mission when I saw what is in the screenshot listed below. All of the Longbow were on top of the bank in a very strange, formulaic position.  They didn't move or attack until I drew close. After killing them, THEN the hero appeared. If the same spawn algorithm is similar on each mission, that could be the problem. 

hero didnt show PI reason.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TimesSeven said:

No hero appeared despite the NPC chat from Holo Man. Ran through FF mayhem five times yesterday and I hero showed ONCE. I can't even begin to count the number of PI missions I've failed because the hero hasn't appeared. 

While not a bug, this has always been my biggest complaint about mayhems. You're there to rob the bank. Except you are there to sit and wait for the NPC hero to show up for you to beat down. Shouldn't your objective be to just rob the bank and get away with the loot like the NPC villains do in the safeguards? And if the spawned hero gets stuck somewhere? Now you are left wondering if you need to wait a little bit longer for the hero to show up, or go looking for the hero and hope you aren't missing each other in your search (because you are likely faster than the hero), all while that timer is ticking down to mission failure despite having the loot from the bank in hand and your escape method right there waiting to be used. (I've actually managed to leave the bank a few times, get to my escape method, and then be standing there until the mission almost fails before the hero who is always actively moving to your character no matter where you go finally found me.)

(I know, I know. We are supposed to wait for and beat the NPC hero for game balance between mayhems and safeguards, or something like that, or the mayhems would be too easy. I just think it was a silly way to work the mayhems since your goal is to rob the bank, not stand around and wait for a hero to show up and defeat. Side rant finished. Sorry for derailment.)

Edit: Oh, @TimesSeven? In my case, I was playing on the default +0/x1 difficulty, so no, it is not the difficulty settings. I have on several occasions reached the exit for the bank and just stood there for a good long while before the hero finally showed up. Sometimes they just get stuck somewhere. (And considering you can fall through the ground entering/leaving some buildings in mayhems? They may have fallen through the ground and been unable to get back on the map. Though normally it is the PPD building where that happens.)

Edited by Rudra
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later

Why doesn’t the hero spawn in the bank? Why spawn on a map “somewhere” outside? The PPD spawn in the bank as well as the Longbow. Makes no sense. 

I agree! Get the money and get out! Spawn the hero by the Arachnos flyer if you need to… now THAT would make sense!

Ambushes have never made sense to me… sometimes they spawn right on top of you and other times they are a hundred yards away. Do devs control the points?

• Like 1

• 4 months later

By "Hero", I'd prefer the AV-level, not some Elite Boss version, but that's a different beef.  A setting for always AV-level would be sweet.  Same for bank defends blueside.😍

Edited by Norl

On 12/9/2023 at 9:12 AM, TimesSeven said:

Why doesn’t the hero spawn in the bank? Why spawn on a map “somewhere” outside? The PPD spawn in the bank as well as the Longbow.

Actually, they don't. When you break down the vault door and the PPD/Longbow ambushes start spawning in response, they spawn outside the bank and run to it. I've intercepted them many times just camping at the bank entrance with multiple traps ready for them. (Edit: After looting the vault and running back to the entrance.)

Edited by Rudra

2 hours ago, Rudra said:

Actually, they don't. When you break down the vault door and the PPD/Longbow ambushes start spawning in response, they spawn outside the bank and run to it. I've intercepted them many times just camping at the bank entrance with multiple traps ready for them. (Edit: After looting the vault and running back to the entrance.)

That's the point of the question.

Spawning outside causes more chances for this failure to occur.

Anyway, spawn points are definitely broken on the Mayhem Missions of all sizes. Did several hours of testing today, on three different occasions at Notoriety x1 I got attacked by enemies that were clipped inside of buildings and fully non-visible. In all cases these were the enemies tied to the sidequests in the map.

• Thumbs Up 1

irregulars book logo noby white.png

Sundered Marches: The Website | The Official Soundtrack!

56 minutes ago, Sunsette said:

That's the point of the question.

Spawning outside causes more chances for this failure to occur.

Anyway, spawn points are definitely broken on the Mayhem Missions of all sizes. Did several hours of testing today, on three different occasions at Notoriety x1 I got attacked by enemies that were clipped inside of buildings and fully non-visible. In all cases these were the enemies tied to the sidequests in the map.

I understand the question. The only reason for my post you are quoting is to point out to the author that the PPD and Longbow do not spawn already in the bank as their post I quoted states. I'm not arguing against any changes or corrections.

• Like 1