Is Touch of the Beyond from Darkness Manipulation bugged?

jjolin01

• jjolin01 changed the title to Is Touch of the Beyond from Darkness Manipulation bugged?

Yeah I am not a math person but those numbers do look off like half.  Possible the in game descriptions numbers are incorrect or maybe there is something.  But speaking as a user of that power on my Blaster that kind of regen and recovery buff form that power which can be stacked, would seem way OP if those static numbers were correct.

• Thumbs Up 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, High Beam Prime (someone else has her non OG name)

Here's City of Data on the power. Half the regen buff ignores enhancements the other is enhanceable so that's why you see two lines for it. Stacking is per caster and replaces the existing effect. Each of the regen buffs are 112.5% of the base, so that's why you see .47/sec times two.

Your end bonus shows a base 1.67 end/sec, so the end bonus of touch of the beyond is 50% of the base but you can enhance the end aspect. Based on your numbers in combat attributes, your getting a 97.6% end bonus on touch of the beyond, so you have it slotted with endurance enhancements, but not health enhancements.

The tooltip numbers seem off.

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=blaster_support.darkness_manipulation.touch_of_fear&at=blaster

Edited by SeraphimKensai
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

The regen/recovery cannot be stacked - or at least they are not supposed to because it's a quick recharging power (comparatively to like, Drain Psyche) so you can use the fear power more often.  From what I understand, portions of the fear component is supposed to stack, however.  The regen/recovery buffs lasts for 2 mins on a single activation, and additional activations in that time only resets the timer.  I keep the buffs going nonstop by working the power into my attack chain every other time. 

But yes, the numbers do seem off in the OP's example.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Here's City of Data on the power. Half the regen buff ignores enhancements the other is enhanceable so that's why you see two lines for it. Stacking is per caster and replaces the existing effect. Each of the regen buffs are 112.5% of the base, so that's why you see .47/sec times two.

Your end bonus shows a base 1.67 end/sec, so the end bonus of touch of the beyond is 50% of the base but you can enhance the end aspect. Based on your numbers in combat attributes, your getting a 97.6% end bonus on touch of the beyond, so you have it slotted with endurance enhancements, but not health enhancements.

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=blaster_support.darkness_manipulation.touch_of_fear&at=blaster

I do indeed have it slotted with three endurance mods, but yeah, the tooltip numbers are off.

7 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Thank you.  I knew the good with numbers and good with remembering where to look people would answer.  Once again bookmarking uberguy web site so I can somehow lose the link again later.

Edited by High_Beam
Added commentary about my ignorance.
  • Like 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, High Beam Prime (someone else has her non OG name)