Kind of newbie question about bases, maybe...

WumpusRat

I never tried back on live, but now since building is free, I'm curious to try it out. Is there a way to make your base just one massive room? I know you can't delete the entry room, but I can get around that with the idea I have. What I'd like is the largest plot, and have it be entirely empty, able to be filled with whatever. Is that possible?

Yes and no. The room sizes are fixed in the categories, you can't just fill all the empty space or use sizes not in that list. But what you could do is fill up the plot with large  rooms connecting, then use the Doorway  to all of the spaces between rooms. I am not sure this will work 100% though. Notably, I'm not sure you can attach a door to a door space. If not then you will have to plan carefully to avoid dead spots in the corners of rooms. If it's even possible to do.

The largest plot available is 24x28. The largest room available is 24x24. So... other than a four space strip along one side, you can have your entire base be a single giant room. That strip along the side can be occupied by 3-space-wide rooms and the spaces between opened up with Doorways.

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

• Retired Community Rep

No, you can have one room that is nearly the size of the biggest plot. In that room, you can use base items to make open doorways (currently no way to make a door that opens and closes) in between areas. However, if you are using the base rooms, they must have a hallway between the doorways, and no wall can touch another wall, not even the corners.

Ah, okay, so you can drop doorways down right next to one another?

Side-by-side: Yes. End-to-end: No. Also, you can't put them at corners. Only along the ends or sides of a room.

dd9lcy6-ae6912ef-b89e-4f7a-a055-4612edd2f8f2.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2U0ZWE0NjY2LTBlMWEtNGMwZi1hNzFmLThiNmQ2ZmViZjIzZVwvZGQ5bGN5Ni1hZTY5MTJlZi1iODllLTRmN2EtYTA1NS00NjEyZWRkMmY4ZjIuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.1RYrd06zeCHNa2c6hSKe_RITFx6PfMoqYvTSgwdJKiU

The big room on the left is 3 8x8 rooms and 3 3x8 rooms with the spaces between them opened up with Doorways (the dark lines.) Note that where the strings of doorways intersect, there is a wall. These are the "corner spaces" that cannot have Doorways put in them and thus cannot be opened up.

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien