Unslottable: Powerset description / Enhancement Set inconsistency

retiarius

I was directed to post this to the Bug Reports forum after inquiring about it in the 'in-game help' channel in the Discord.

The description for 'Against All Odds' (in the 'Shield Defense' powerset, specifically as a Scrapper secondary) details that it accepts Taunt Enhancement sets, yet it will not accept enhancements from 'Mocking Beratement', which is a Taunt IO set -- the power's slots do not light up green upon mouse grab of a MB Enhancement, nor can Enhancements from this set be dragged and dropped into open slots in this power.

Thank you for your attention to this!  =D

Edit: Apologies, I did a cursory search, but missed a previous post regarding this issue here: https://forums.homecomingservers.com/index.php/topic,3696.0.html

Like it says in the other thread, none of the Taunt Auras accept Taunt IO sets, but I can't remember the specific reasoning, though I think it had to do with the sets that have procs.

Just a bit of history, Taunt IO sets were added with Issue 11 and there was only about a 3.5 month window where Taunt Auras could accept them before it was patched out.

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison!
Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers | Telepathy | Symphonic Inspiration
Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah

Admittedly, it was frustrating (to say the least) to be able to slot a SO Taunt Enhancement into the power, only to discover later (i.e. after I'd bought the recipes) that it wouldn't take Taunt Enhancements from a given set.  =\

Admittedly, it was frustrating (to say the least) to be able to slot a SO Taunt Enhancement into the power, only to discover later (i.e. after I'd bought the recipes) that it wouldn't take Taunt Enhancements from a given set.  =\

For future reference, in the enhancement screen, you can double check this stuff by hovering over a power. It will show you accepted enhancements, and then underneath that it will show you accepted sets. You always want to give that a look because sometimes things don't accept what you think, whether intentionally (like in this case) or as a bug (like in the multiple cases where the original devs confused whether a power should take Targeted AoE/PBAoE/Melee sets).

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison!
Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers | Telepathy | Symphonic Inspiration
Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah

IIRC this was because taunt modifications affect your threat level so that part of the power is actually affecting you rather than the enemies. Therefore a proc working on the taunt part of the power hits you not them. I can't remember if that really was a thing or whether it was one of those things that I just assumed to be the case though!