Looking for a good combo for thermal...

NiyceOne

Im looking for a Therm/x build that will keep me busy clicking buttons. I am currently leaning towards one of the following:

Therm/Sonic

Therm/Rad

Therm/Psi

Therm/Cold

I'm just not certain about how well these combos synergize outside of my noobish eye. I'm leaning towards Therm/Psi or Cold because of the mitigation potential with the recharge reduction.

Any guidance, opinions, advice or build will help. Thanks in advance.

Running a Thermal/Sonic with a duo partner and enjoying it. Late game I'm planning to cycle the Nuke and Melt Armor between mobs in addition to Howl to maximize AoE -Res.

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

Thanks for the replies, makes sense. I do love sonic but I choose psi. I feel like doubling down on the ability to mitigate damage is more the style i'd like to play. I am very interested as I progress and find myself a SG in running a sonic in a duo tho.

Thanks for the replies, makes sense. I do love sonic but I choose psi. I feel like doubling down on the ability to mitigate damage is more the style i'd like to play. I am very interested as I progress and find myself a SG in running a sonic in a duo tho.

Slot a knockback to knockdown enhancer in Shockwave and it has more mitigation than all of Psi put together. Recharge slow is just so ineffective as it only matters on protracted fights where the enemy would cycle attacks. Plus dead mobs deal no damage. There's little reason to pick anything other than sonic  from a numbers standpoint. The 20% stacking resistance debuff is absurd.

If you want mitigation, you should go Dual Pistols.