The Officially Unofficial Weekly Discussion #59: What is a CoH session like for you IRL?

DougGraves

49 minutes ago, DougGraves said:

Just on the floor?  Leaning against something?  On a pillow?

On the hardwood floor.

No leaning (unless it's on the table in front of me or my head on the keyboard ... because...too tired...) 

No pillow.

161568866_Playingtoolong2.thumb.jpg.a1164a07a6feab5d9b425847768e770d.jpg

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

On 12/21/2023 at 9:51 AM, DougGraves said:

You sit down to play CoH...

Where are you sitting?  At a desk, in a reclining chair, in a hammock?

Are you alone, ignoring your family, with a pet?

Headphones, speaker, no sound?

Do you have the tv on, music, silence?

Do you play for 30 minutes, 6 hours, one arc?

Usually in a gaming chair. Gotta keep the buns comfy lol. I’ve got a nice desk, but plan to upgrade soon for an even better one.

TV is on in the background on YouTube usually. 

Speakers are on too for glowies and the occasional zone music that I enjoy.

Sometimes the fam plays CoH with me, other times alone. All 3 of us only play for short burst unlike in the early days where we’d play for hours.

Game session can vary. Sometimes its as little as 5 minutes(get bored on an alt and just log out) to as long as 4 hours(A string of TFs, or back when they were new, a HM TF)

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|