Superheroes in Real Life

DoctorDitko

First off, let me say I admire and support the real world Heroes who fight fires, tend the sick, help the troubled, research medicines, and keep us safe.

May all the forces of random chance, deities of all stripes, and people of good will bless and take care of them!

But this is not about them.

This is about the sillier, crazier, or campier Superheroes of our world. They usually wear outfits that could be right out of our beloved costume builder.  I find them inordinately fascinating!

E.g.:

The late Captain Sticky, who seldom wielded his Twinkie bazooka -- but who could park his Stickymobile in front of a nursing home and cause them to frantically clean up their behavior. He also made strides in protecting consumers in a day when there were all too few such advocates.

Angle-Grinder Man, a UK hero who rescues motorists whose cars are immobilized by the questionable practice of "booting" or "clamping." (The Lockpicking Lawyer has some advice for a less destructive solution. He would merit an entry merely for his exposure of shoddy gun safes, but curiously refuses to wear a costume.)

And Captain Disillusion, a mighty YouTuber indeed who exposes, explains, or debunks so very many misleading or falsified videos.

I hope you enjoy learning of these champions! Do you know of any others?

• Thumbs Up 2

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

Eddie the Eagle.  Olympic Athlete whose greatest strength was sheer courage.  Not daunted by lack of great athleticism or skill, facilities or equipment, this man would ski jump (erm attempt) on any platform that any other world champion would go down.  What can I say, crazy is a super power.  My eternal respect Eddie.

image.jpeg.acdff7f6c46adeca98f0f62336c11f2c.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Snarky said:

Eddie the Eagle.  Olympic Athlete whose greatest strength was sheer courage.  Not daunted by lack of great athleticism or skill, facilities or equipment, this man would ski jump (erm attempt) on any platform that any other world champion would go down.  What can I say, crazy is a super power.  My eternal respect Eddie.

image.jpeg.acdff7f6c46adeca98f0f62336c11f2c.jpeg

As a Great British underdog we loved Eddie, still do. He provoked a national pride for our tiny nation.

• Thumbs Up 2