J-Force STYLE...What does it mean to you?

ROGUEdenied

• 2 weeks later
  • 1 month later

True Story

When I first joined Freedom Server, I met J-Force on the forums. Let's just say we didn't hit it off very well. I didn't understand them and took them for a bunch of internet trolls. I had faced off against all of J-Force head on, by myself, we destroyed the forums with our banter. I was not a fan one bit and I was very stout against them. I went by the name Wraiven in those days.

Then, one day, they learned that I had built the unkillable Tank. They took this opportunity to break the ice and get to know me outside the forums, so they offered me a spot in a Rikti Raid (which at the time was a very tough raid as it was still a new TF/SF. I accepted.

I joined their vent and we rolled out. They spent the entire TF training mobs on me, pushing the very limits of my Tank's ability to withstand the onslaught while at the same time, chit chatting and cutting up on their Vent. It wasn't easy, but they eventually overwhelmed my Tank and he dropped dead. We had a great time and that ended our feud.

They were a great bunch of guys and we had fun. I understood them after that. They don't mean no harm, they only pretend to mean harm in their way of literally acting out parts they play...and they carried that over to the forums, but see, most Freedom players understood this, I coming in late to the scene caused my lack of understanding. Good hearted people, easily misunderstood by outsiders. Once they had opened the door to let me in, all of that misunderstanding melted away. They got a chance to learn who I was when not their enemy, I got a chance to learn who they were when they were not my enemy, it was a true happy ending for everyone.

I miss J-Man and the crew and although I no longer play COH, I would drop in from time to time just to say howdy to the J-Man and crew and maybe even try to get my Tank killed every now and again, heh.

Edited by Solarverse
  • Thumbs Up 1