Returning player need feedback

SlyFox5679

I played this a long time ago so i'm rusty as hell lol.

I had some characters long time ago including a few blasters, a scrapper/stalker/dom/arachno soldier/ 

only the stalker made it to 50 from what i remember and i remember dying a lot on the blasters lol.

I was looking at a bunch of ATs and still can't make up my mind and would love some feedback.

scrapper vs tanker/brute which ones are better at end game with the right build ? 

same with ranged types i'm looking at blaster/corrupter/sentinel 

tanker/brute question.

how good is Invulnerability, super reflexes, willpower vs the rest of the primary ATs ?

secondary ATs what about super strength or fiery melee vs the rest ?

basically i wanna build a really good ranged and melee character that can survive.

I started a lvl 5 MM but not sure how far i'll get with it as a demon summon/thermal/ villain side

47 minutes ago, SlyFox5679 said:

scrapper vs tanker/brute which ones are better at end game with the right build ? 

They're all good with the right build. Scrappers can potentially do more single target damage. Tankers are the toughest out there, but have been buffed so they do obscene AoE damage. Brutes are in between and frankly, if you're not going for a niche build goal will tank anything a Tanker can. 

A lot of people feel like Brutes are pointless in their middle category place. I get the sentiment, but it's really only a result of how strong Tankers were buffed to combined with some powerful knowledge of how game systems work to abuse the buffs for extra proc damage. If none of that made sense to you, don't worry.

53 minutes ago, SlyFox5679 said:

They're all different playstyles.

But the answer is Fire/Kin Corruptor.

Skipping the rest cause short on time.

55 minutes ago, SlyFox5679 said:

basically i wanna build a really good ranged and melee character that can survive.

This can literally be anything. With enough game knowledge and Incarnate (end game) powers, every character becomes a god.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

They're all good with the right build. Scrappers can potentially do more single target damage. Tankers are the toughest out there, but have been buffed so they do obscene AoE damage. Brutes are in between and frankly, if you're not going for a niche build goal will tank anything a Tanker can. 

A lot of people feel like Brutes are pointless in their middle category place. I get the sentiment, but it's really only a result of how strong Tankers were buffed to combined with some powerful knowledge of how game systems work to abuse the buffs for extra proc damage. If none of that made sense to you, don't worry.

They're all different playstyles.

But the answer is Fire/Kin Corruptor.

Skipping the rest cause short on time.

This can literally be anything. With enough game knowledge and Incarnate (end game) powers, every character becomes a god.

well i'm lacking in the game knowledge department atm lol.

thats why my MM is lvl 8 and i'm still clueless with what i'm doing but i know my friend will wanna play at some point and i have my villain made so i just wanna get a hero going so i'm set when he decides he wants to jump in and try the game out since he's big into superheroes.

3 hours ago, SlyFox5679 said:

I played this a long time ago so i'm rusty as hell lol.

I had some characters long time ago including a few blasters, a scrapper/stalker/dom/arachno soldier/ 

only the stalker made it to 50 from what i remember and i remember dying a lot on the blasters lol.

I was looking at a bunch of ATs and still can't make up my mind and would love some feedback.

tanker/brute question.

how good is Invulnerability, super reflexes, willpower vs the rest of the primary ATs ?

secondary ATs what about super strength or fiery melee vs the rest ?

I started a lvl 5 MM but not sure how far i'll get with it as a demon summon/thermal/ villain side

All ATs are good in the end game.  And the end game is nothing but min/maxing your character with incarnates.  So, pick something you like to play for the journey and ride to the end game.  And if you can't decide... that's ok!  You have 1000 character slots for all your altitis - make all of your choices!  🙂  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Frozen Burn said:

All ATs are good in the end game.  And the end game is nothing but min/maxing your character with incarnates.  So, pick something you like to play for the journey and ride to the end game.  And if you can't decide... that's ok!  You have 1000 character slots for all your altitis - make all of your choices!  🙂  

LOL omg i had altitis in WoW back in the day this is going to be a friggin nightmare ! 😛 

• Haha 1