Rad/Rad build

Mechaone

Very solid, but it plays a little differently. Rad Armor is a hybrid resist/regen/absorb set. It has no defense and it's not worth it to try to chase the defense soft-cap. I lean heavily on Particle Shielding. Offensively, you've got lots of AoE - 2 PBAoEs, a damage aura, and Radiation Therapy can be used as a proc bomb. ST damage is just OK.

Uunderdog - Scrapper (Radiation Melee).mbd

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

I agree with @Uun regarding defense on rad armor, I prefer to work towards res caps, get decent global recharge for the click abilities and aim for slow resistance. Rad Armor can be made very offensive by allocation of damage procs into Rad Therapy and Ground Zero.

Radiation Melee is alright, it's slower than some sets, but you can debuff mobs defense and resistance (with procs), you have a decent mix of single target and AoE and you get a self heal of sorts.

I have Rad armor on Scrappers paired with Street Justice and Stone Melee myself. That said I do prefer Rad Armor on Tankers and Brutes due to the higher resistance cap.

• 2 months later

My Rad/Rad Scrapper is a beast. 75 on all resists ~50 Def on Fire (for farming, this can be spread elsewhere). ~35 Def S/L/E. Again, if I wanted to raise my S/L def to ~40 that's easy at the expense of bringing fire down around 40 and E to around 30. But with the great heal and absorb I don't bother, unless I'm planning on Soloing S/L farms there's no point, I'd rather keep it fire which I can solo nicely. The offense/debuff from IR ground in Rad armor is super and once you build up Muscular to T4 you get def debuff from nearly all Rad powers. Just and overall stong build for all aspects of the game.

On 4/4/2024 at 5:33 PM, BigKahuna337 said:

My Rad/Rad Scrapper is a beast. 75 on all resists ~50 Def on Fire (for farming, this can be spread elsewhere). ~35 Def S/L/E. Again, if I wanted to raise my S/L def to ~40 that's easy at the expense of bringing fire down around 40 and E to around 30. But with the great heal and absorb I don't bother, unless I'm planning on Soloing S/L farms there's no point, I'd rather keep it fire which I can solo nicely. The offense/debuff from IR ground in Rad armor is super and once you build up Muscular to T4 you get def debuff from nearly all Rad powers. Just and overall stong build for all aspects of the game.

Can you post this build, as I have a Psi/Rad Brute I'd like to compare it to, to see how I can change it up for those resists 🙂

Sorry, best I could do below. I didn't have time to build out on Mids and replicate everything. But as you can see, no temp powers on boosting Res/Def numbers. I do use Offensive Amplifier just to add a little spice but that's it.

17129315519424765355173830440747.jpg

17129315724712690660830414648703.jpg