Radiation / Ice Blast for Duo with a Street Justice / S. Reflexes Brawler. We're returning after a decade or so :) We ok? Tips?

Nintova

Longest title evar! Amirite?

Seriously though, like it says my brother and I are returning after more than a decade away. We were in Beta but SO much has changed! We're both geezers (well north of 50) as well so looking for, not easy mode but something less "clicky" if possible. I've been playing MM a lot, but wanted something different for a duo experience.

I dig healing - on Live I was the nut who played a Emp/Illusion controller and loved him if that's any indication. My brother loves melee. On Live he was a WP/SS tanker.

What my thoughts are:

Heals ( duh )

Buffs

Debuffs

Slows

AOE

CC

Thinking maybe Leadership and Sorcery ( like 99% on Ldr .. sorc I have no idea but the O.Shiz spirit ward, mystic flight and enflame look intriguing. )

Thanks kindly for any advice.

Edited by Nintova
  • Like 1

You should be solid and it should compliment the SR well with the to hit debuff on radiation infection. I currently play a StJ/SR scrapper and a friend of mine has always done a Rad/Sonic defender. He, too, loves the leadership pool, and Vengeance into Fallout specifically makes him cackle every time. The toggles in Rad are amazing and should compliment the melee, whatever AT he picks! You are definitely more of a buffer/debuffer.

I'm tempted to make a Rad/Ice defender myself, I think it'd work pretty well.

• Like 2

I would suggest an Ice Blast/Dark Miasma/Dark Mastery Corruptor for the "support" toon. I have one that has both melee and ranged defenses softcapped and has perma souldrain, and with a setup like that it's a beast in its own right.

That said the tohit debuffs help our your SR brother, you have tar patches and ice to slow things down, not to mention tar patch does a significant amount of -resistance. Darkest Night even has -damage so that's huge. Your heal and rez (which can be used as a huge debuff even if ppl aren't dead) do -regen to help kill AVs. You get a team based stealth that also gives defense to alle and resistances to more exotic damage types. You also get fear/holds and a pet that does all that too.

It can be made as a defender as well, but I suggest corruptor to make use of scourge with ice storm and blizzard.

Edited by SeraphimKensai
  • Like 2

Thanks kindly to you both. The Ice Dark corrupter sounds interesting. Scourge, this is a potential for a dps burst? Does the extra damage outweigh the defensive buffs I give my brother? I know a support role is generally light on DPS, but I also am woefully ignorant of all the changes in Homecoming so I really appreciate the input.

I was reading on the forums that some folks use their MM's as a sort of healer. I'm not sure what powers they took but I don't think my Robots/Time can do that. I will say I've had an absolute blast playing it though. I've only just hit 25 and it seems like he's a steamroller.

Again, thank you!

Edited by Nintova

your brother will be quite strong if he’s a tank, so any support will be enough to keep him going. if he picks up taunt as part of his build you can live a carefree life, blasting or buffing/debuffing whenever needed

i would say stick with your rad/ice idea, i’ve been tempted to play that combination too. your brother will be able to keep the mobs nicely bunched allowing your rad debuffs to work well, you can then focus on blasting

either a defender or a corrupter would work great, slightly higher damage on the corrupter

• Like 1