Account Wide Storage for Enhancements, Salvage, Influence/Infamy etc.

I may have started a thread on this topic a few years ago. Emailing between toons can be tiring as storage is currently character independent. Account wide storage for enhancements, salvage and influence/infamy etc, could it be done?

Edited by LightningDrone

Enhancements, salvage, and inspirations? Yes. Make a SG for your account, put in the storage items, now all your characters on that account can access the shared storage. Inf'? You can e-mail that to yourself with minimum fuss, up to the per character limit of inf'.

11 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Enhancements, salvage, and inspirations? Yes. Make a SG for your account, put in the storage items, now all your characters on that account can access the shared storage. Inf'? You can e-mail that to yourself with minimum fuss, up to the per character limit of inf'.

I agree with this.

I work primarily out of my solo SG base.

Make sure you set the access level in your storage to the level you want in your SG. I typically set the security to having to be part of the SG.

(Sorry if I am sharing something you already know)

Forums  - a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

"it will be a forum for consumers to exchange their views on medical research"

Spam Response- Spam, in the context of cybersecurity, refers to any unsolicited and often irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent over the internet. 

• 2 weeks later

I'm bumping this thread. 

I dislike the solution that in order to "fix" what is now considered just outdated game design for any modern online experience you have to sequester yourself and not use one of the community aspects that made CoX good in the first place. 

I COULD make my own SG and store all my own stuff in it, but why should I have to do that and not have a real SG with a diverse group of players to pull from. 

Yes I already know someones going to reply with "We have discord, we have LFG, you don't need a SG" part of what makes a game like CoH good is the encouragement to socialize and make friends to do stuff with.

+1 please slap an ATM / Vault on a bunch of the maps and let us put Salvage, Recipes, Enhancements & Influence in them. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Seven Strikes said:

I'm bumping this thread. 

I dislike the solution that in order to "fix" what is now considered just outdated game design for any modern online experience you have to sequester yourself and not use one of the community aspects that made CoX good in the first place. 

I COULD make my own SG and store all my own stuff in it, but why should I have to do that and not have a real SG with a diverse group of players to pull from. 

Yes I already know someones going to reply with "We have discord, we have LFG, you don't need a SG" part of what makes a game like CoH good is the encouragement to socialize and make friends to do stuff with.

+1 please slap an ATM / Vault on a bunch of the maps and let us put Salvage, Recipes, Enhancements & Influence in them. 

We already have Vaults

And it is linked to our salvage.

Or are you asking for something different?

Forums  - a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Spam Response- Spam, in the context of cybersecurity, refers to any unsolicited and often irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent over the internet. 

6 minutes ago, JasperStone said:

We already have Vaults

And it is linked to our salvage.

Or are you asking for something different?

Correct me if I am wrong but this storage is only for the character you are on. This thread is about adding ACCOUNT-wide storage. 

I'd love account wide storage so I can finally join my friends' SG instead of being locked into my own personal storage bunker. Emailing items one at a time is not a suitable replacement.

"Minimal FX Everything!"

I love this game. I'm eternally grateful that it was brought back.

"It's not enough that I win, somebody else has to lose" is not the attitude of a Hero.

Just now, Seven Strikes said:

Correct me if I am wrong but this storage is only for the character you are on. This thread is about adding ACCOUNT-wide storage. 

As you can see. 

I did respond earlier in the thread. 

So, yes, I do know what this thread is about.

Did support it as you can see.

But...

11 minutes ago, Seven Strikes said:

COULD make my own SG and store all my own stuff in it, but why should I have to do that and not have a real SG with a diverse group of players to pull from.

This is where you lost me a bit.

You DO, but DON'T want to make an SG?

You can be on a real SG and have diverse players to pull from. 

Beyond the traditional security access to storage, you label bins for specific people.

It tracks who adds or takes stuff, so you would know if someone did.

If someone pilfers from a bin, they get the boot.

29 minutes ago, JasperStone said:

As you can see. 

I did respond earlier in the thread. 

So, yes, I do know what this thread is about.

Did support it as you can see.

But...

This is where you lost me a bit.

You DO, but DON'T want to make an SG?

You can be on a real SG and have diverse players to pull from. 

Beyond the traditional security access to storage, you label bins for specific people.

It tracks who adds or takes stuff, so you would know if someone did.

If someone pilfers from a bin, they get the boot.

Most players don't want to risk that another player can come along and take all of their materials and just make a SG for themselves and then sacrifice the community aspect of using a SG for the safety / convenience of storing their items. 

If they made a "Personal Account Storage Vault" that you could slap in a base and each player could only access what's on their account this would solve the problem of people just having a 1 man SG and a box with a vault on the wall. 

I realize there "is" a workaround for storage, I'm saying its a bad one and that it is worth a small investment to fix. Not only QoL for the altoholics but to encourage people to actually be in SG's together. 

47 minutes ago, Seven Strikes said:

Most players don't want to risk that another player can come along and take all of their materials and just make a SG for themselves and then sacrifice the community aspect of using a SG for the safety / convenience of storing their items. 

If they made a "Personal Account Storage Vault" that you could slap in a base and each player could only access what's on their account this would solve the problem of people just having a 1 man SG and a box with a vault on the wall. 

I realize there "is" a workaround for storage, I'm saying its a bad one and that it is worth a small investment to fix. Not only QoL for the altoholics but to encourage people to actually be in SG's together. 

I agree. 

However, I think it is because of how the SG map loads that cause the issue.

It is my we can't auction house.

If that isn't is possible what if the banks in each zone function that way.

My initial reaction is that this feels like it could only be a problem for players that have either "too much" or "not enough" of whatever.

If the former: Those players already have enough, why make it easier for them to accumulate MOAR? INF can get most anything in the game, and transferring (enough) Inf is trivial.

If the latter: I can totally see how it would be annoying to have a small amount of stuff that you want to transfer to another server or another character without using email, SG base, whatever... but trust me: if you intend to stick around in the game, this really won't matter. The in-character limits for a lot of the 'transferable' stuff are quite high, plus there are a LOT of slots in the auction house available... so unless I was playing as a complete pack-rat and NOT wanting to have a SG base for storage I feel like I could hoard so much stuff that I couldn't even imagine wanting to transfer most of it between characters... and if I did, it would probably just be enhancement pieces and I think I would use email. If it bothered me that much I'd use a SG base.

I recognize some things that can be accumulated are intended to be difficult to transfer, but those are relatively few.