Merc/Elec Build

BunnyHop

On 1/20/2024 at 3:56 AM, BunnyHop said:

Hello, It's been about 3 years since I made a build, I was curious if any other MM's out there could overlook my build and tell me if there's anything I should look at changing?

Appreciate all feedback!

Mastermind (Mercenaries - Electrical Affinity).mbd 43.35 kB · 8 downloads

You picked a top combo, took other players a while to convince me on /elec but with mercs i'm sold. Its an awesome pairing. Which surprised me tbh.  

Not sure how to export stuff to here with new mids or i'd just show you what my bog standard slotting for all my /elec toons which is pretty much identical secondary wise.

Rejuvenating Circuit. Yes. Thats my slotting too.

Energizing Circuit gets 6 pre-emptive optimisation.

Empowering Circuit gets a single boosted end red. Gaussian only fires off on you and your not doing any damage. The small defence bonuses aren't worth the slots.

Faraday Cage gets 4-5 aegis or 4 Unbreakable pieces depending on primary mm set.

I skip amp up. I skip defibrilate. I'm an mm not a fender, i tank and buff and dps, dead people are for vengeance to keep pets up not for me to help out.

I take a 3 slotted shock and skip discharge (for soloing av/gm's) slotted with 3 boosted pre-emptive bits for acc/end red. Any - regen on single hard targets is a plus. Mob -regen is irrelevant.

Insulating Circuit gets 5 panacea and pretty much renders Rejuvenating Circuit obsolete at that point.

I run 5 /elec mm's with that set up. I skipped beast mastery i still dislike it.

Mercs side. You picked the best primary (at least my favourite anyway and i'd argue the best/tied with necro/demons especially for this secondary)

I try to slot at least 1 lady grey chance for damage piece in each merc pet, its not easy when i also try to hit as much resists+defence as possible, as well as every unique pet piece. Usually means 4 Command of the mastermind in t1 pets and 4 Mark of supremacy in t3. Spec Ops gets the acc/dmg and dmg/end from Mark of supremacy and a boosted acc/dmg piece, they are your controllers in the set.

Things to change. Fly is pretty poor without evasive manoeuvres. Evasive prevents you getting immob'd and speeds up your flight a lot.

Serum only needs 2 boosted recharge io's. Slot lvl 50's. Use boosters.

I don't skip acc/dmg/end red in personal attacks like burst/m30 nade. I definitely don't skip accuracy. The proc in burst will only help you hit with m30 nade if burst hits and the proc procs so i'd drop that. I do love burst it takes a ton of good enhances. Same with m30 nade, you want that ff+recharge firing off to keep serum on pets perma.

Kismet+acc wants to be slotted in a toggle you are running, not vengeance.

Try to squeeze the fighting pool in, it lets you tank, just by running into mobs and popping faraday cage and m30 nade til pets arrive and you can pop insulating to buff yourself. It will really boost your survivability, do not 6 slot powers for the sake of 6 slotting powers. Often the 6th bonus is junk (like the unbreakable guard set-i'm looking at both our builds and i have 0 toxic/psi bonuses but i'm only 1% lower than yours numberswise, no idea how, but i do have 45% smashing/lethal def with 55%+ s/l resists) If you 6 slot sets for fire/cold/toxic/psi but don't have any other sets stacking with them its generally a waste of slots.

Power boost doesn't need 3 slots, you can boost io's with boosters. 2 of those in power boost will max recharge, same for hasten/serum/any power you 2 slot with io's.

Drop the impervium in equip merc for an impervious skin+regen piece. If you drop 2 bits of steadfast and 2 slot blessing of the zephyr in fly you'd have kb protection and ranged def vs tiny hp bump and minimal recovery. And slots to play with.

Regen tissue in circuit. Haven't tried that but i'd assume low chance to fire on self when you click power and 0 for pets. Looks like a slot to move elsewhere.

Put a 3rd slot in health. Miracle +recovery is better than numi piece if you only have 2 slots there. 3rd boosted end mod piece in stamina if your worried about the blue bar, which you shouldn't be- you have energizing circuit.

When making a build on Mids', view it with powers off, except for perma (Or near perma) powers and toggles. Power Boost makes the MM stats higher when it's only active 45% of the time.

Kismet +acc can only trigger when a power is activated. Even then, it will only last for 2 minutes until the power is used again. Slotting Kismet in a toggle will give it a chance to trigger every 10 secs. Putting it in Maneuvers, Scorpion Shield or Hover would be more beneficial, chances are it will have a 100% uptime.

The Panacea unique has a chance to trigger on each target it jumps to when slotted it in Insulating Circuit. It might work in Rejuvenating Circuit as well though I never tested that.

image.thumb.png.e6909bbf183c9f639ed3c1164606ec5f.png

Damage procs makes a huge difference for Merc pet damage. If you're able to jam them in somehow, I recommend it. If procs needs to be sacrificed, take them away from the Commando. Did some testing yesterday on the new Rikti Pylon practice dummies on Beta. Only pets and Serum used, log attached below:

No damage procs. Achilles' and Soulbound equipped in Soldiers:
2024-01-21 20:01:35 [NPC] Commando: Consider it done.
2024-01-21 20:06:37 You have defeated Vanguard Training Pylon

5m2s/302s= 255 dps

7 damage procs split between all pets. Soulbound in Soldiers; Achilles' in Spec-Ops:
2024-01-21 20:12:02 [NPC] Commando: I'm going in.
2024-01-21 20:14:13 You have defeated Vanguard Training Pylon

2m11s/131s= 421 dps

chatlog 2024-01-21.txt

Regenerative Tissue would be more useful in Health. It doesn't jump to ally targets.

Slot some +res in Faraday Cage. It improves res to all damage types except Toxic. Overall it will make every friendly in range more survivable than +6% psionic res to just your MM. Also tested Impervium Armor and Impervious Skin, they didn't trigger on targets either.

Looks like the Performance Shifter proc has a chance to trigger on all targets when equipped in Energizing Circuit. The Power Transfer heal proc didn't trigger once while testing. It doesn't look like the Gaussian BU proc triggers on pets when it's equipped in Empowering Circuit.

image.thumb.png.9a7877fa099723be2ae6414056d372c5.png 

Mercs and EA are both pretty awesome. I'm sure whatever you end up with will do fine.

StrikerFox

Can you share this merc/elec build you've made? I don't see how you can have 7 procs + build up, all the pet IOs, and still have 50%+ acc and 80%+ damage on all the pets. My best so far is 3 procs, build up, achilies, all the pet IOs, and 50/80 in all the pets.

Edited by ArchmageMC

8 hours ago, ArchmageMC said:

StrikerFox

Can you share this merc/elec build you've made? I don't see how you can have 7 procs + build up, all the pet IOs, and still have 50%+ acc and 80%+ damage on all the pets. My best so far is 3 procs, build up, achilies, all the pet IOs, and 50/80 in all the pets.

I don't think it's possible to slot 7 damage procs and still get 50/80 acc/dam unless totally ignoring the pet unique IOs (In the Beta test, uniques were omitted). The best chance to do it is with Mercs paired with Storm thanks to Tornado being a 4th pet power. The post just showed improved dps with damage procs. If a build can only fit one, two or three etc procs, it will still be a dps increase than without. Proc T1 pets first, than Spec-Ops and Commando last.

Paired with EA, I would try scaling back on accuracy and endurance on pets. Supremacy, Tactics, Empowering Circuit, Serum and Soulbound (In Soldiers) and all pets applying -def debuffs, accuracy becomes less of an issue. Serum and Energizing Circuit will help with pet endurance.

6 hours ago, ArchmageMC said:

Ah. This is what I came up with.

Mastermind (Mercenaries - Electrical Affinity).mbd

Managed all pet IOs, 5 procs, achilies, soulbound, and 3 10% IO sets with over 80% damage in each pet power and at least 30% acc in each.

Unbreakable Constraint isn't doing much in Spec-Ops. Their only power that can trigger it is Tear Gas, but it has a 180 sec cooldown. The only damage procs worth slotting across all pets are Shield Breaker and Lady Grey. Arguably, also Explosive Strike in Commando if it can be worked in. Proc out Soldiers first since it's 3 pets triggering them, Spec-Ops second with 2 pets, and solo Commando last. Meaning if only 1-2 damage procs can be fit into a build, they should be slotted in Soldiers. If 3-4 procs can be fit, slot 2 in Soldiers and 1-2 in Spec-Ops. If 5-7 procs can be fit, 2 in Soldiers, 2 in Spec-Ops and 1-3 in Commando. I hope that makes sense.

The Sovereign unique in Soldiers could replace the Lady Grey in Commando, then slot Shield Breaker proc on Soldiers. Shield Breaker will proc way more on 3 pets than Lady Grey on one pet. Or swap Unbreakable Restraint with Sovereign in Spec-Ops for Shield Breaker. I always add Overwhelming KD chance in the T1 pets for some mitigation. I have Achilles' slotted into Spec-Ops for that reason. It's not ideal but it is what it is. 

47 minutes ago, StrikerFox said:

Unbreakable Constraint isn't doing much in Spec-Ops. Their only power that can trigger it is Tear Gas, but it has a 180 sec cooldown. The only damage procs worth slotting across all pets are Shield Breaker and Lady Grey. Arguably, also Explosive Strike in Commando if it can be worked in. Proc out Soldiers first since it's 3 pets triggering them, Spec-Ops second with 2 pets, and solo Commando last. Meaning if only 1-2 damage procs can be fit into a build, they should be slotted in Soldiers. If 3-4 procs can be fit, slot 2 in Soldiers and 1-2 in Spec-Ops. If 5-7 procs can be fit, 2 in Soldiers, 2 in Spec-Ops and 1-3 in Commando. I hope that makes sense.

The Sovereign unique in Soldiers could replace the Lady Grey in Commando, then slot Shield Breaker proc on Soldiers. Shield Breaker will proc way more on 3 pets than Lady Grey on one pet. Or swap Unbreakable Restraint with Sovereign in Spec-Ops for Shield Breaker. I always add Overwhelming KD chance in the T1 pets for some mitigation. I have Achilles' slotted into Spec-Ops for that reason. It's not ideal but it is what it is.

Interesting insight, I'll put it into the build. Although probably swap to Cold isntead of elec. The chains not always affecting me really ruins the set.

Hi guys thanks for all the long bits of feedback, very much appreciate it.

I took into consideration everything everyone said and then went back to my build to move a few things around.

Meknomancer's idea for putting dmg into Burst and M30 is a nice idea that perhaps I'll play with but I wanted to try something more tanky

image.png.84b86a2b78c0af06599abd668cd7211b.png

Going back to the build I changed a lot around and finally settled on these defenses. It seems reasonably solid all around and higher than what I actually expected.

Please feel free to take a look and tell me what you think, I will most likely try a build where my own personal attacks are not just FF procs but not quite yet.

I also found that putting recharge IO's into Serum over what I had barely removed 5 seconds off of serum, not that much and 5 extra seconds won't be that noticeable with the random +recharge you get. What I mean by that is you are spamming Energizing circuit on cooldown normally, It's 125% recharge for 5 seconds, if you are in the correct spot you will get it every time. Now, you have 10 second cooldown with this, I'm not good at maths but 125% cooldown that's up for 5 seconds at a time, over 1 min you will use skill between 1-6 times.

Now lets be conservative and say you use it 4 times. As the buff is only 5 seconds lets half it at 62.5% and say it's up for at least 40 seconds if we are looking at it just in terms of recharge, an extra 62% will end you up with perma serum. I'm pretty sure between the FF procs and this you will end up with perma serum no problem.

Aside from that the build seems solid and I plan to do a write up for new players to try this as it's reasonably noob friendly.

Please have a look and tell me what you think 🙂

image.thumb.png.827b40420ec20006bbf1554544a1171d.png

Mastermind (Mercenaries - Electrical Affinity) Final.mbd

Edited by BunnyHop