Emp/Elec Defender Recommendations

Ketchupchips

For an Empath, you want Recharge, Recharge and more Recharge, so you can keep as many teammates Fortitude'd as possible, and have as big an uptime on your Regen/Recovery Auras as you can. 

I'll assume you want to attack too, and have decent damage slotting.

I haven't slotted for End Drain here, because I find it scatters enemies on the rare occasion it does work. Team support and damage are better goals.

I go for sets that give a global recharge bonus, and use as many pieces as are required for that bonus and move on.  I slot Attuned enhancements, so I get the bonuses for the levelling journey.

Here's what I'd do, with recharge bonuses on the right:

1   Lightning Bolt      5 x Decimation                   6.25
1   Healing Aura            6 x Prev Med                     8.75
2   Heal Other         5 x DWounds                     5
4   Ball Lightning       3 x Vigilant Assault + 2            6.25
6   Hasten                2 x Rech IOs
10  Short Circuit            3 x Vigilant Assault + 2              6.25
12  Fortitude          LotG + 5 x Red Fortune            7.5, 5
16  Charge Up        GSFC Build Up proc
18  Recovery Aura         2 x Rech IO 
20  Zapp                 5 x Manticore                     7.5
22  Regen Aura        5 x DWounds                      5
24  Tesla Cage         4 x Basilisks Gaze                    7.5
26  Adrenalin Boost    5 x DWounds                      5
28  Voltaic Sentinel       4 x Expedient Reinforcement          6.25
30  Thunderous Blast   6 x Defender's Bastion              8.75
                                                                                              +85% Recharge

In the empty slots you could take:

- Clear Mind, Resurrection

- Teleport and Teleport Target - great for recalling a fallen ally to safe place if you don't have Resurection. Teleport is awesome to bind so you can click on a teammate in the HUD and teleport to them if their life dips for a quick heal/Fortitude.

I use this:

/bind e powexeclocation target Teleport

And then to go to Teammate #3 say just press Shift+3 and e

- Hover, Combat Jumping, Grant Invisibility, Stealth to stick LotG +Recharge pieces in.

- Leadership: Manouvers, Tactics and  Vengeance for two more LotG +Recharge and more team support 

- Fighting: Kick, Tough and Weave for personal defence.

- Other travel powers.

If you aren't flush with influence this build should work OK with SO's instead of set IOs.

(Slot Fortitude for 3xDef and 3xRech and you'll be good.)

This is a rough outline. I'm happy to provide more details if you like.

• Thumbs Up 2

I've not experiencing the scatter issue on mine at least not to the point where it stood out over my other Empaths so mine is currently working towards being slotted for both damage and endmod with the aim of experimenting with Musculature and anything else to up the end drain and recovery debuff.   +3 and +4 (or higher) are increasingly hard to drain effectively as a sole endmod debuffer.  In turn this not only leaves them with end to use but the reduction by Purple Patch damage on top of if it starts to effect your bonus through the "Shocked" mechanic.  That not scatter is the number on problem I'm running into.

On the flip side I'm finding it far less rare to end up on a team with another Electric user and multiple Electric end debuffers can be a sight to behold.  Not sure what state my Mids build is in but @MonteCarla's advice is exactly where mine in general would lie.

Edit:  looks like i went Agility rather than Musculature.  Likely ill try both in the long run

Edited by Doomguide2005
Clarity and Incarnate Ability