Arsenal Control - First Impressions

serxiom

I got the chance to enter to Beta test server yesterday and try both new power sets for dominators. First at all, i have to remark the crativity designing a rifle/devices control set and the concept that developers wanted to bring to the game. It was unexpected to see a power set like this and the outcame is really nice.  Having a dominator Rifle based set it opens a great door for character creation.

I must to say that Arsenal Control have all the tools to be a top tier set as Plant Ice or Dark or better.  Here my opinion on each power:

•  Tranquilazer (ST Sleep) I didnt take it on my build
  • Sleep Granade (Targeted AoE Sleep) In terms of control is really nice if solo a group. A good opener for your rotation. Animation is cool showing a gas cloud around the affected npcs
  • Cryo Freeze ray (ST Hold) Your single bread and butter hold. A must to have. Animation is like block of ice. Fast and easy.
  • Liquid Nitrogen (Ranged Targeted Inmob Slow) This is a targeted Ice Patch also a must have for damage mitigation and control. Still not sure about how to slot this one if use a complete IO set for bonusses or use Chance damage IOs  or just regular Rech Time IOs.  
  •  Cloaking Device (Toggle Stealth + Def) A must have as well. A good tool for a surprise attack and also for stack +DEF
  • Smoke Canister (Ranged Location -Perception -To hit Confuse) This one is just great. We never had a targeted locatio AoE confuse in game. Love this power and the targeted location mechanics add a world of possibilities about how to use it. Must Have 100%
  • Flash Bang (Aoe Stun disorient) Great tool for crowd control. 
  • Tear Gas (AoE Hold) A must have. Animation is fast and looks nice
  • Gun Drone (Pet) Of course i dont have numbers but my impression is that this could be the most dps pet out there. It rounds up the set very good because brings the damage on the table. Besides is a flying machinegun that looks cool

Overall the set provides a great control and mitigation, animations are fast and easy going and havin tools as stealth and a dangerous pet coming along with you... yes it fills all my boxes on the cool for dominators check list. 

Cant wait until release. Well done devs!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2