Macro for teleporting to base from anywhere

Hello all and I am a new player and just got my first base.    I have queried the internet and come up with a couple of solutions for the issue listed in the title.   

I thought with the macro I was using I could go to my base any time from anywhere.  I used something like /macro SG enterbasepasscode XXXX-XXXX.  This works when I am close to the base portal, but not when I am out running around.   

Is it supposed to work this way.    I am confused so I thought I would ask here.   If this doesn't make sense I will attempt to answer any questions or clarify what I mean.  Thanks for any and all help.   (Yes I tried to look on here, but have no idea what I am looking for!)

49 minutes ago, danica.bird said:

Hello all and I am a new player and just got my first base.    I have queried the internet and come up with a couple of solutions for the issue listed in the title.   

I thought with the macro I was using I could go to my base any time from anywhere.  I used something like /macro SG enterbasepasscode XXXX-XXXX.  This works when I am close to the base portal, but not when I am out running around.   

Is it supposed to work this way.    I am confused so I thought I would ask here.   If this doesn't make sense I will attempt to answer any questions or clarify what I mean.  Thanks for any and all help.   (Yes I tried to look on here, but have no idea what I am looking for!)

Changes were made with travel across the board a while ago when they added in the Long Range Teleport power.  The old free port to your base with a macro was a bug exploit as stated above, and was done away with. 

HOWEVER, you can still use that macro ANYWHERE even though you are not near a zone base portal.  Just click your LRT power first, then click your macro, and then you'll port into your base from anywhere - including from inside a mission.  Your LRT power will then go on a 9 minute cooldown.  

Happy porting!

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later

I was kind of sad to see it go, since several of my characters operated out of a starship, and I had a whole macro set up for doing an emote, saying "Ship, one to transport" and then doing a costume change with a special effect right as they'd teleport to the base.

33 minutes ago, WumpusRat said:

I was kind of sad to see it go, since several of my characters operated out of a starship, and I had a whole macro set up for doing an emote, saying "Ship, one to transport" and then doing a costume change with a special effect right as they'd teleport to the base.

You can still use your base TP macro.... you just have to first click Long Range Teleport (Accolade) or Base Teleport (purchased from START/P2W vendor or earned through Monitor Duty day job).  You can even still use your macro if you summon a Base Portal (again, temp power purchased from START/P2W vendor or earned through Monitor Duty day job). 

Click one of those, then click your macro, and then you'll do your emote, say your message, and port to your base,  🙂  

Edited by Frozen Burn

57 minutes ago, Frozen Burn said:

You can still use your base TP macro.... you just have to first click Long Range Teleport (Accolade) or Base Teleport (purchased from START/P2W vendor or earned through Monitor Duty day job).  You can even still use your macro if you summon a Base Portal (again, temp power purchased from START/P2W vendor or earned through Monitor Duty day job). 

Click one of those, then click your macro, and then you'll do your emote, say your message, and port to your base,  🙂  

Yeah, it's not the same though. The old port was fairly quick, and would make you vanish just as the animation for the costume change was about to end and shift the costume, so it made it look like you "beamed out". Summoning a base portal isn't the effect I'm after, and the long-range teleporter has a really long animation time, so you'd have to wait and trigger the macro right at the proper moment.

It's not a big deal, it was just a cute setup that allowed to look like the characters were being beamed up by the ship.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, WumpusRat said:

Yeah, it's not the same though. The old port was fairly quick, and would make you vanish just as the animation for the costume change was about to end and shift the costume, so it made it look like you "beamed out". Summoning a base portal isn't the effect I'm after, and the long-range teleporter has a really long animation time, so you'd have to wait and trigger the macro right at the proper moment.

I wish we could choose different animations for the base portal thing.  I really never liked having to summon a portal like that.  It would be much more fun to be able to pick a "beamout" or call for transport type animation.