Serious solution to MM pets being unable to keep up with the player. Please look, I am quite pleased with it.

Mindrivet

Why not just give minion masters a passive aura that has a 10/20' radius (whatever feels more balanced without being useless) that while in that aura, the minions have the same movement speed as the player? So they can always follow their commander.

I honestly can't think of a way this could be exploited and it would solve the single biggest issue we have.

• Like 1

This is interesting....

I actually had the same thought but in reverse. That pets have an inherently high move speed that's suppressed by Supremacy so that if they get confused on pathing or are otherwise held back, they can catch up quickly. But otherwise near you, they have standard speed.

The "inherently high movespeed that's suppressed" would get some strange effects from sending your minions out of your supremacy to attack distant targets.  Melee minions in general might get a bit odd.

I guess I'm a bit perplexed because it hasn't really been an issue for me?  Sometimes you have to pause a bit before you engage so that the henchlings can catch up, but it's just not that big a deal.  Is this primarily a problem when running in groups or something?

A bunch of players talked about it a fair amount awhile ago. Adding a movement speed buff to Supremacy, giving pets an inherent Sprint/Swift power, create a +movement IO specifically for pets and allowing all pets to slot run IOs (Not just Beasts and Ninjas) were a few of the ideas. I think the Swift/Sprint route would be the easiest and most effective.

Feeling more held back by pathing / enemy bumping than by the raw speed. Diving through enemies in caves gets messy. Pathing is also awkward at high speeds.

I use Gfly to solve this (even indoors) but unfortunately they're capped to "P2W Jetpack" speed with no way to raise it (that i know of)

Even just a lower area before they get teleported would go a long way. Although I would rather see something like an inherent mastermind ability that just lets you summon your minions to you. You could then just have them either "stay" or just summon them when you get to the next pack. With the old long cooldown on MM pets it might have been a bit OP on live but with 5 second minion abilities it is not a game changer. In some cases when I am moving through lots of stuff or stealthing to an objective I will just dismiss all and re-summon when I get there. Which to be fair for its usage takes longer than needed and the teleport all minions would go a long way for that also. Again not a game changer in that scenario just a convenience boost.

Edited by Infeareal
  • Thumbs Up 2