Bio Armor>Offensive & Genomic Evo bugs

Timberdoodle

I love Sent and Bio Armor but am regretting looking under the hood haha.

*edit after doing all this research on my Sentinel: the Offensive Adaptation extra resists bug also applies to Scrapper, and presumably all other Bio Armor ATs. My scrapper has about 5% secret bonus S/L resist after all the self buffs and IOs at level 50, while in Offensive Adaptation.

To reduce interference, all testing was done or confirmed on Jason with a fresh Sentinel with no enhancements.

• Offensive Adaptation: Resistance bonuses from all sources receive a positive multiplier of 1.075 but don't attribute the extra resists to any ability, making the numbers in Combat Attributes not add up. This results in higher than expected net resists after subtracting the flat 7.5% penalty from Offensive, and really adds up with team buffs or IO stacking.
  • Offensive Adaptation+Genomic Evolution: Does not give GE's advertised 15% range bonus. No pics for this but I tested exhaustively by slowly shimmying towards enemies and trying to fire.
  • Defensive Adaptation+Genomic Evolution: GE's base resist values are 25% lower when Defensive is active, which doesn't seem intentional. The GE Defensive bonus values appear to be correct (or at least match what's in Pines), and there's no weird interaction between Defensive Adaptation and other abilities or orange candy that I could find.

Bio_Offensive_Resists_P.jpg.191d1ef649deec3bef8cd0766aa7661d.jpg

• 6 months later

Your resistance is resisting the (resistable) resistance debuff in Offensive Adaptation.

Edit for maths:

The bonuses total up to 77.63%, capped at 75%.

That 75% resists the -7.5%, turning it into -1.875%.

77.63% - 1.875% is 75.755%, which is still capped at 75%.

Edited by siolfir
showing why resistance is still capped

12 minutes ago, siolfir said:

Your resistance is resisting the (resistable) resistance debuff in Offensive Adaptation.

Edit for maths:

The bonuses total up to 77.63%, capped at 75%.

That 75% resists the -7.5%, turning it into -1.875%.

77.63% - 1.875% is 75.755%, which is still capped at 75%.

LOL

Hey I dont mind if it stays that way. Happy to rebuild and move Set Bonuses elsewhere 🙂