Staff/SR - Critique/review of build?

Errants

So, rolled Staff/SR, been leveling him solo through TF's and Ouros and whatnot. Up to 48 with mostly commons. Currently have Weapons Mastery for concept... but the pain of using any attack outside of Staff and missing both Staff and Assassin's Focus stacks means I'm swapping over to Body Mastery.

No need for Guarded Spin/Elude, since I'm 49%+ to all.

Lastly, Eye of the Storm, Serpent's Strike, and Sky Splitter are placeholder sets, which will be replaced by the appropriate 5 slot of purples (not using Dam/Rech), once I get to 50.

Currently have 2 wasted bonuses, will have only 1 extra 10% Regen when I get the purples.

How can I make this better?

Matrim - Hero Stalker
Build plan made with Mids' Reborn v3.6.6 rev. 3
──────────────────────────────
Primary powerset: Staff FightingSecondary powerset: Super ReflexesPool powerset (#1): FightingPool powerset (#2): SpeedPool powerset (#3): LeapingPool powerset (#4): LeadershipAncillary powerset: Body Mastery

Powers taken:

Level 1: Precise Strike
A: Superior Assassin's Mark: Accuracy/Damage3: Superior Assassin's Mark: Damage/RechargeTime3: Superior Assassin's Mark: Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime5: Superior Assassin's Mark: Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime5: Superior Assassin's Mark: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime7: Superior Assassin's Mark: RechargeTime/Rchg Build Up

Level 1: Hide
A: Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed7: Shield Wall: Defense9: Shield Wall: +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All)9: Shield Wall: Defense/Recharge11: Gift of the Ancients: Defense/Increased Run Speed

Level 2: Mercurial Blow
A: Overwhelming Force: Accuracy/Damage15: Overwhelming Force: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance17: Overwhelming Force: Damage/Endurance/Recharge17: Overwhelming Force: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge19: Overwhelming Force: Damage/Chance for Knockdown/Knockback to Knockdown19: Achilles' Heel: Chance for Res Debuff

Level 4: Focused Senses
A: Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed21: Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Endurance21: Luck of the Gambler: Defense

Level 6: Assassin's Staff
A: Superior Stalker's Guile: Accuracy/Damage23: Superior Stalker's Guile: Accuracy/Damage/Recharge23: Superior Stalker's Guile: Damage/Endurance/Recharge25: Superior Stalker's Guile: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge25: Superior Stalker's Guile: Recharge/Chance to Hide27: Touch of Death: Chance of Damage(Negative)

Level 8: Build Up
A: Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control: Chance for Build Up27: Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control: To Hit Buff29: Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control: To Hit Buff/Recharge29: Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control: To Hit Buff/Recharge/Endurance31: Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control: Recharge/Endurance31: Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control: To Hit Buff/Endurance

Level 10: Focused Fighting
A: Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed31: Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Endurance33: Luck of the Gambler: Defense

Level 12: Placate
A: Invention: Recharge Reduction

Level 14: Agile
A: Gift of the Ancients: Defense/Increased Run Speed33: Gift of the Ancients: Defense33: Kismet: Accuracy +6%

Level 16: Practiced Brawler
A: Invention: Recharge Reduction

Level 18: Eye of the Storm
A: Obliteration: Damage34: Obliteration: Damage/Recharge34: Obliteration: Accuracy/Damage/Recharge34: Obliteration: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge36: Obliteration: Chance for Smashing Damage36: Fury of the Gladiator: Chance for Res Debuff

Level 20: Dodge
A: Gift of the Ancients: Defense/Increased Run Speed36: Gift of the Ancients: Defense37: Reactive Defenses: Scaling Resist Damage

Level 22: Serpent's Reach
A: Decimation: Accuracy/Damage37: Decimation: Damage/Endurance37: Decimation: Damage/Recharge39: Decimation: Accuracy/Damage/Recharge39: Decimation: Chance of Build Up39: Devastation: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge

Level 24: Quickness
A: Invention: Run Speed

Level 26: Sky Splitter
A: Crushing Impact: Accuracy/Damage40: Crushing Impact: Damage/Endurance40: Crushing Impact: Accuracy/Damage/Recharge40: Crushing Impact: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance42: Crushing Impact: Damage/Endurance/Recharge

Level 28: Evasion
A: Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed42: Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Endurance42: Luck of the Gambler: Defense

Level 30: Kick
A: Invention: Accuracy

Level 32: Tough
A: Unbreakable Guard: +Max HP43: Steadfast Protection: Resistance/Endurance43: Steadfast Protection: Resistance/+Def 3%43: Unbreakable Guard: Resistance45: Gladiator's Armor: TP Protection +3% Def (All)45: Impervious Skin: Status Resistance/Regeneration

Level 35: Weave
A: Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed45: Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Endurance46: Luck of the Gambler: Defense

Level 38: Superior Conditioning
A: Power Transfer: Chance to Heal Self46: Power Transfer: EndMod

Level 41: Physical Perfection
A: Power Transfer: Chance to Heal Self46: Panacea: +Hit Points/Endurance47: Panacea: Heal/Endurance47: Panacea: Heal/Recharge47: Panacea: Heal/Endurance/Recharge48: Panacea: Heal

Level 44: Hasten
A: Invention: Recharge Reduction48: Invention: Recharge Reduction

Level 47: Combat Jumping
A: Winter's Gift: Slow Resistance (20%)48: Launch: Jumping / Increased Jump Height

Level 49: Assault
A: Invention: Endurance Reduction

Inherents:

Level 1: Assassination

Level 1: Brawl
A: Invention: Accuracy

Level 1: Sprint
A: Unbounded Leap: +Stealth

Level 2: Rest
A: Invention: Healing

Level 1: Swift
A: Invention: Run Speed

Level 1: Hurdle
A: Invention: Jumping

Level 1: Health
A: Numina's Convalesence: +Regeneration/+Recovery11: Miracle: +Recovery13: Preventive Medicine: Chance for +Absorb13: Regenerative Tissue: +Regeneration

Level 1: Stamina
A: Power Transfer: Chance to Heal Self15: Power Transfer: EndMod

Level 1: Combo Level 1

Level 1: Combo Level 2

Level 1: Combo Level 3

Accolades:

Born In BattleHigh Pain ThresholdInvaderMarshal

Stats Breakdown:

- Defense -

Smashing: 22.86%Lethal: 22.86%Fire: 20.36%Cold: 20.36%Energy: 20.36%Negative: 20.36%Toxic: 16.61%Psionic: 16.61%Melee: 50.75%Ranged: 49.5%AoE: 57.07%
- Resistance -

Smashing: -946.35%Lethal: -946.35%Fire: -967%Cold: -967%Energy: -965.5%Negative: -965.5%Toxic: -992%Psionic: -992%
- HP & Endurance -

Regeneration: 3000%Max HP: 1688.92 |  (Absorb: 337.78 -- 28.06% of base HP)End Recovery: 9.95/sEnd Use: 1.72/s End. (Net gain: 8.23/s)Max End: 119.37
- Movement -

Run Speed: 47.74 mphJump Speed: 40.96 mphJump Height: 28.06 ftFly Speed: 0 mph
- Stealth & Perception -

Stealth (PvE): 0 ftStealth (PvP): 0 ftPerception: 800 ft
- Misc -

Haste: 271.25%ToHit: 46%Accuracy: 46%Damage: 231%End Rdx: 2.5%Threat: 200
- Status Protection -

Held: 10.38Stunned: 10.38Sleep: 10.38Immobilized: 79.24Knockback: 10Repel: 0Confused: 10.38Terrorized: 0Taunt: 0Placate: 0Teleport: 100
- Status Resistance -

Held: 16.25%Stunned: 16.25%Sleep: 76.8%Immobilized: 76.8%Knockback: 10000%Repel: 0%Confused: 16.25%Terrorized: 16.25%Taunt: 42.39%Placate: 42.39%Teleport: 200%
- Debuff Resistance -

Defense: 83.07%Endurance: 0%Recovery: 0%PerceptionRadius: 60%ToHit: 0%RechargeTime: 60%SpeedRunning: 60%Regeneration: 0%

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

Edited by Errants
BBC code wouldn't work, had to figure out what to do to make this all appear with new Mids.

Death is the best debuff.

I can't seem to open the build for some reason. Using Mids' 2023.9.605. Try to copy/paste or drag/drop the Mids' file into the forum. By the way, you going to form an MM or a Stalker supergroup like back in live? I'm in if you are. 

Swap the slotting between Health and Physical Perfection. Health has a higher base regen (+40% vs +20%), a Panacea set will give your character more regen.

If you do keep the slotting in Health/PP the way it is, swap Regenerative Tissue with a lvl 50 Numina's heal IO. The +12% regen set bonus plus higher Health stat will provide more +regen then RT. 

Somehow the build has two Reactive Defense +res uniques in Agile and Dodge. Will only be able to slot one.

I would take Guarded Spin even if the +def portion isn't needed. AoE on any Stalker is welcome. Also I believe AoE, hitting more targets, gives a better chance for BU insta-charge.

With Superior Mark of Supremacy BU recharge, I wonder if it's worth fully slotting Gaussian's. The build is still softcap without it.

Well regardless, I'm sure your build will perform well. It has more +dam res and +regen than what I have on my StJ/SR, and I think my build is pretty good. I went for more +dam and procs than anything else.

• Like 1

Interesting... so integrating Exploding Shuriken for additional AoE and BU resets, and maintaining stacks of Physical, versus spending them on Sky Splitter? (obviously, using Eye of the Storm will do so...)

Makes me want to consider holding onto Weapon Mastery (bonus, more in line with character concept) and potentially even DROPPING Sky Splitter from the rotation and/or build.

Time to play City of Theory, again.

On 2/6/2024 at 11:02 PM, StrikerFox said:

Swap the slotting between Health and Physical Perfection. Health has a higher base regen (+40% vs +20%), a Panacea set will give your character more regen.

If you do keep the slotting in Health/PP the way it is, swap Regenerative Tissue with a lvl 50 Numina's heal IO. The +12% regen set bonus plus higher Health stat will provide more +regen then RT. 

Somehow the build has two Reactive Defense +res uniques in Agile and Dodge. Will only be able to slot one.

I would take Guarded Spin even if the +def portion isn't needed. AoE on any Stalker is welcome. Also I believe AoE, hitting more targets, gives a better chance for BU insta-charge.

With Superior Mark of Supremacy BU recharge, I wonder if it's worth fully slotting Gaussian's. The build is still softcap without it.

Well regardless, I'm sure your build will perform well. It has more +dam res and +regen than what I have on my StJ/SR, and I think my build is pretty good. I went for more +dam and procs than anything else.

Agile shows Kismet on my end.
Health gets the globals for exempting purposes... IIRC, you lose the globals if you lose the power, right? If not, 100% makes sense, due to this being a 50 respec, not a leveling build.
Guarded Spin is slow and cone... Ew. But I get the logic. Not sure it'll make the cut... also PBAoE sets are jank.
Gaussians' in Build Up was extra slots (a build with EXTRA!?) and extra Def insurance for higher level foes.

Gonna put together a new build, with some tweaking.

Matrim Revised - Stalker (Staff Fighting - Super Reflexes).mbd Matrim - Stalker (Staff Fighting - Super Reflexes).mbd

Edited by Errants
New Build - Also swapped to goal of purples.

• 4 weeks later

Question: I've seen so many builds like this now to ignore...  How do you get around? You run everywhere? I think I like this build but def. taking super jump instead of assault. 

22 hours ago, Azael said:

Question: I've seen so many builds like this now to ignore...  How do you get around? You run everywhere? I think I like this build but def. taking super jump instead of assault. 

Typically Ninja Run, Beast Run, or Athletic Run. Though some people will buy jet packs and fly around, just resigning themselves to top off at the S.T.A.R.T. vendors before Dr. Quarterfeld. You can use the rocket surfboard, flying carpet, or void disc too, now that they suppress toggles instead of turning them off.

Posted (edited)
On 3/5/2024 at 6:55 AM, Azael said:

I grab one of the runs from a START vendor on all my toons... Guess it'll just be assigned Athletic (And stance swapped via Tailor to the right one) now, thanks to the NPE changes.

That+Sprint works pretty damn well in most zones. I also abuse base teleporters in my cottage SG (Note, need to add Striga to the Co-Op portal), and the ferry/train/portal systems in the maps.

Eventually, I'll buy the Mission/Base/Team Teleporters on a toon... but they're very much an afterthought.

My line of thinking - travel powers are dead power picks/mules. I take them for concept builds only... They do nothing to help me do anything to progress in the game, because they're non-viable in combat scenarios. So, I'd rather take a combat power.

Edit: Also, specifically on this toon - I've extra movement speeds from several sources... I'm almost as fast as travel-powered toons. Essentially, it doesn't add up to enough of a detriment to take a few seconds longer to get to a mission.

Edited by Errants

On 3/8/2024 at 7:07 PM, Errants said:

My line of thinking - travel powers are dead power picks/mules. I take them for concept builds only... They do nothing to help me do anything to progress in the game, because they're non-viable in combat scenarios. So, I'd rather take a combat power.

For Super Reflexes specifically the sorcery pool is very nice. Spirit Ward is a good mule for Preventive Medicine: Absorb and Mystic Flight is good for Winter's Gift: Slow Resistance. Then you've got Rune of Protection open.