boosting common IO's 50 to 50+1 or 50+2

I did this years ago and then stopped playing for a while and then came back. Now I cant remember how to take a common IO level 50 and turn it into a common IO level 50+1. Can anyone refresh my memory. I have google and watched about twenty videos and read all I could find to no help.

Lastword

You need to use enhancement boosters, which you can find from random drops (rarely), merit vendors, and/or the auction house. After you've slotted the enhancement in a power, click on the enhancement to open up the combining screen, then add the boosters in (if boosting set IOs, avoid clicking on catalysts because that makes them unboostable). 

Also, you can boost IOs to +5, not just +1 or +2. 

Closed Beta Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/DptUBzh

54 minutes ago, lastword said:

I did this years ago and then stopped playing for a while and then came back. Now I cant remember how to take a common IO level 50 and turn it into a common IO level 50+1. Can anyone refresh my memory. I have google and watched about twenty videos and read all I could find to no help.

Lastword

You will see these as the last filler piece in high end builds   When everois done, nothing else is good to place and there are two powers nothing can go in that have that one slot

18 hours ago, Monty Haull said:

You can also get boosters from opening super packs.  These can be bought for 10mil each for the heroes or rogue packs.  25mil each for the winter packs.  You will find these under "special" in the auction house.

What??

In the auction house, under Special, they sell hero and rogue packs for 10Million each. They show up under your special salvage tab. You click on them to open them. They have 5 random “cards” in them. Each card is some kind of random reward — converters, merit rewards, ATOs, team inspirations, etc. The packs contain on average 1.2 ATOs each. 

There’s also winter packs for 25Million each. Similar thing as the hero and rogue packs, but instead of ATOs, they have the WinterOs. 

I consider these a cheaper way to go than spending 100merits each for an ATO or WinterO. YMMV. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Cyrickain13 said:

What??

7 hours ago, ZekeStenzland said:

In the auction house, under Special, they sell hero and rogue packs for 10Million each. They show up under your special salvage tab. You click on them to open them. They have 5 random “cards” in them. Each card is some kind of random reward — converters, merit rewards, ATOs, team inspirations, etc. The packs contain on average 1.2 ATOs each. 

There’s also winter packs for 25Million each. Similar thing as the hero and rogue packs, but instead of ATOs, they have the WinterOs. 

I consider these a cheaper way to go than spending 100merits each for an ATO or WinterO. YMMV. 

Thanks Zeke, you explained it much better than I could have.  

Another note on the super packs.  I do not recommend buy just one pack.  The 1.2 ATO is an average.  You could get zero or you could get 2.  You just hope to get one.  Getting an ATO makes to super pack profitable.

I usually buy them in lots of a hundred and can turn a nice profit if marketed right.  

You get a lot of stuff that you can't sell, like free tailor sessions, respects stuff like that.

I just wanted you to know that booster can be acquired in super packs.  

Edited by Monty Haull

Clearly your finances live up to your forum handle 😛

I usually do 5 at a time. 50M I can probably raise in a week. 

Also, the ATOs are random. And you can change them to another random AT for 3 converters per try. But there are 15 ATs. If you’re looking for ATOs for 1 specific AT, don’t  be surprised if you have to convert 10-40 times before you get the one you want.  For this scenario, I recommend converting to one of the better selling ATO (like stalker or something), selling that on the AH, and using the proceeds to buy AT of your choice. You’ll save a ton of converters that way. 

The WinterO pool only has 6(?) in it, so you’re probably good just doing regular conversions to get the type you want. 

Im sure actual market folks will jump in here if I’m giving bad advice…

Edited by ZekeStenzland