Detonator changes

Uun

Traps (Mastermind) - Detonator

• Recharge lowered to 300s from 600s, endurance cost also lowered to 16.3
  • Removed delay from humanoid henchman bomb placement/detonation, all pets now explode when you click!
  • All Henchman now place the pseudo-pet version of the bomb, hitting all targets for max damage regardless of if they are a minion or boss

Testing the new version of Detonator on my Beasts/Traps. Previously, the nonhuman version of the power ignored damage enhancements slotted in the power and looked to the slotting of the henchman. As a result, most people just slotted recharge in Detonator. The new version, which summons a higher damage pseudo-pet, is affected by enhancements in the power. [Detailed Info displayed in game makes it appear this is the case, but is in error. See below.]  While the new version is supposed to provide the same damage regardless of the rank of the henchman targeted, my testing suggests that it's affected by the level shift applied to lower rank henchman. I got substantially lower damage and chance to hit when a minion was targeted vs. a lieutenant.

Suggest that folks jump on Beta to check this out and post in the focused feedback thread.

Edited by Uun
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

I was intrigued by the comment that it works of FFG and Acid Mortars. If so, that is a pretty nice way to add some extra damage to a MM.

My /Traps MM is reasonably finely tuned (right now), but I could see myself making a slight change to work it into the build.

Played around with it on a Bots/Traps, and Detonator works on FFG, Mortar, Seekers and Maintenance Drone as well as the regular Bot pets. I'm guessing it would work on Soul Extraction pets but not 100% sure. I noticed when Bots/Maintenance Drone pets are blown up, the color of the explosion is orange and white. When pets from the MM secondary are detonated, it's blue and white. 

I also tested a Lore, Vanguard Heavy, Signature Summon (Back Alley Brawler), Backup Radio, Red Wisp and a vanity pet but none of them blew up.

The Maintenance Drone does a PBAoE explosion after healing 4 times. They still do that damage if detonated. But I feel bad blowing up the Maintenance Drone. After it's done, the only thing left is their smiling face laying in flames. 

image.thumb.png.5bb265e43e3ab12529d01c740a2459a7.png

Edited by StrikerFox

My initial impression was partially incorrect. Despite in-game Detailed Info to the contrary, Detonator is not affected by enhancements in the power. Works as it always has, only affected by slotting of the henchman targeted. It is affected by henchmen level shifts.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

11 hours ago, StrikerFox said:

Played around with it on a Bots/Traps, and Detonator works on FFG, Mortar, Seekers and Maintenance Drone as well as the regular Bot pets.

The damage done by detonating a FFG or Acid Mortar is substantially less than detonating a henchman. 

2 hours ago, Uun said:

The damage done by detonating a FFG or Acid Mortar is substantially less than detonating a henchman. 

Really? The photo I posted above shows minimal damage difference between Protector Bots, FFG, MD and Mortar. It's on Beta and slotted with zero IOs except for +recharge. Mortar did +20% more damage because it launched a nade.

1 hour ago, StrikerFox said:

Really? The photo I posted above shows minimal damage difference between Protector Bots, FFG, MD and Mortar. It's on Beta and slotted with zero IOs except for +recharge. Mortar did +20% more damage because it launched a nade.

Damage slotted in Detonator is ignored. Damage slotted in the henchman is what matters. I'm showing 259 dmg from FFG, 367 from Mortar, 477 from a Wolf, 552 from a Lion and 614 from Dire Wolf. That's against a lvl 50 Possessed Scientist with Alpha unslotted.

• Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

Sign my petition for a Defense/Damage D-sync.

Acid Mortar can have Damage slotted, but FFG cannot.

I wonder if the Soulbound Allegiance %Build Up slotted in a (T1) would carry over to the pseudopet?

1 hour ago, tidge said:

I wonder if the Soulbound Allegiance %Build Up slotted in a (T1) would carry over to the pseudopet?

Not sure, but the T1 has a -2 level shift. Any buff from BU is probably wiped out by the level shift. I did confirm that Detonator isn't affected by Assault.

6 hours ago, tidge said:

I just tried it with Soulbound, double BU on the Assault Bot and the detonation damage was the same as without. Soulbound does nothing for Detonator damage. Neither does Leadership Assault or the +10% passive from Assault Hybrid. I would assume no +dam buffs will (Like Fulcrum Shift, Forge, World of Pain etc). It's probably straight slotting. Tried slotting damage procs into Assault Bot (Explosive Strike) and into Detonator (Explosive Strike, Positron's Blast and Bombardment). None of the procs triggered with 5 tries,

Slotted some D-Sync Efficiency (dam/end) into FFG and MD. They get the extra damage. Also timed detonator on Seekers, as they move in for impact. They can apply their debuff, flashpulse damage and Detonator damage if the stars align.

image.png

image.png

I can't see myself changing my slotting of the henchmen or pseudo pets (or FFG, thanks for the reminder about Dam/End D-Syncs!), but I am definitely considering sliding Detonator into the build. It looks like I'll have to sacrifice a LotG mule, and find a single slot for more recharge for it. I have a couple of candidate slots in my build:

My Mace Beam Volley still has a KB->KD piece in it. This was really useful before the Robotics revamp but I haven't experimented to see how it is still working as a soft control.

I also have a Gaussian's %Build Up in Tactics... My MM is spamming attacks (for -Regen, aggro) but I'm not kidding myself that the extra damage/toHit is doing that much. I think I'd be satisfied with just the Endurance/ToHit piece in Tactics. I'm leaning towards this choice, because if I were to learn that the Mace Beam Volley soft control wasn't doing much, I'd probably swap out the KB->KD piece for an actual damage %proc.