Enhancement/Respec screen resolution.

Entering the Enhancement display or doing a respec changes the resolution.  It doesn't appear to be a driver call, meaning it doesn't blank the screen, but the resolution in these screens is lower than the main game resolution.  This is identifiable by pop-ups which appear while you're working in the Enhancement/respec screen, they're enlarged and off-center.

The funky pop-ups aren't the only oddity.  The tray where enhancements are stored during a respec suddenly loses the scroll functionality even though a couple dozen enhancements are hidden below the bottom of the tray.  That's caused by the tray respecting the main game resolution, but being artificially reduced in size by the adjusted Enhancement/respec screen resolution.

It'd be really nice to be able to get the full usage out of this screen.  There's plenty of space to show all of the primary/secondary powers, but we have to scroll those because of the resolution discrepancy.  And the respec tray being cut off is... irritating.  It interrupts the flow of respecs by forcing the player to stop working on one power and switch to other powers until he/she has slotted enough enhancements to bring the ones he/she was working with back into the usable tray region.

The reduced resolution is unnecessary for a largely static screen, so making it respect the selected resolution would be really nice.

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 3

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.  🤣

Edited by PeregrineFalcon
j/k

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

45 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Sorry, I couldn't resist.  🤣

You /jrangered me, didn't you.  You did.  I know that look.  All of that power, and you squander it on chaos and amusement.

I'm so proud of you.

• Haha 6

I was wondering why that /jranger got posted. 😄

(Edit: And does anyone else ever get that feeling sometimes that @Luminara is some demon or dark soul encouraging others into their mayhem?)

Edited by Rudra
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Rudra said:

does anyone else ever get that feeling sometimes that @Luminara is some demon or dark soul encouraging others into their mayhem?

Everyone needs an army to conquer the world hobby.

• Haha 3

Not only is this a great idea, and no Luminara did not bribe me to say that, but I'd like to add something to it. Being able move a large number of enhancements all at once, either into or out of the tray, would be a huge improvement.

I used to craft and sell level 25 IOs by the truckload. It made me a bit of money but, more importantly, it kept a ton of the standard 8 IOs available at low prices for people. I quit doing it because moving 60 IOs, one at a time, 3 times in a row, in order to sell them for cut-rate prices just wasn't worth it to me any more. It also makes crafting them to put into my SG base storage for use by other people a complete pain the in neck.

Being able to grab all 10 IOs and move them all into base storage, or into the Wentworth's interface, or being able to grab 18 damage IOs from the storage with 2 clicks and typing the number '18' would be a huge improvement.

Now where's my five bucks, Lumi?

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

27 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Not only is this a great idea, and no Luminara did not bribe me to say that, but I'd like to add something to it. Being able move a large number of enhancements all at once, either into or out of the tray, would be a huge improvement.

I used to craft and sell level 25 IOs by the truckload. It made me a bit of money but, more importantly, it kept a ton of the standard 8 IOs available at low prices for people. I quit doing it because moving 60 IOs, one at a time, 3 times in a row, in order to sell them for cut-rate prices just wasn't worth it to me any more. It also makes crafting them to put into my SG base storage for use by other people a complete pain the in neck.

Being able to grab all 10 IOs and move them all into base storage, or into the Wentworth's interface, or being able to grab 18 damage IOs from the storage with 2 clicks and typing the number '18' would be a huge improvement.

Now where's my five bucks, Lumi?

I don't know... your account suddenly has more funds than before....

Anyway, that doesn't seem to be what @Luminara is asking for. Though being able to grab groups of enhancements to dump into a storage rack or just quickly pop onto your enhancement trays during a respec would also be nice.

30 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Anyway, that doesn't seem to be what @Luminara is asking for.

Sure. As I said I just wanted to add something to it. I figure that if the devs are going to work on the respec and/or enhancement screen anyway, then they might as well look at that as well.

And, since I so graciously responded to you, you now owe me five bucks as well.  😁

Yes, it's really slow at work today. Happy Friday!!!

1 hour ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Sure. As I said I just wanted to add something to it. I figure that if the devs are going to work on the respec and/or enhancement screen anyway, then they might as well look at that as well.

And, since I so graciously responded to you, you now owe me five bucks as well.  😁

Yes, it's really slow at work today. Happy Friday!!!

I'm sorry you have not yet received your payment. I assure you it was processed and sent during the last board meeting. If you have not already received it, then you need to submit the appropriate paperwork to the proper offices requesting supplementary payment. Our offices are currently busy right now, but we should be able to review your request sometime in the next year. 😁

Edited by Rudra
Edited to add forgotten "need to". And to change the opening line....
  • Haha 1

By the way, I took that picture of the deer.  It wasn't tame or corralled, and I was only 15' away from it.

I'm Steve Irwining like a boss in my little piece of the forest.

Now get that resolution bumped up.  Or I'll go all Disney Princess on your asses with an army of wild animals.

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, Luminara said:

By the way, I took that picture of the deer.  It wasn't tame or corralled, and I was only 15' away from it.

I'm Steve Irwining like a boss in my little piece of the forest.

Now get that resolution bumped up.  Or I'll go all Disney Princess on your asses with an army of wild animals.