Please Help Me With My Elec/Eng Sentinel Build

ItsDecoy

Hello! 

I am looking for some help with my main characters build. Thus far I have chosen most of my slots and power sets on what I felt appropriate at the time. Which has worked out incredibly well since there hasn’t been any content I couldn’t solo. But now I am not sure what direction to take the character in slot and power wise. 

One thing to note the character has a flying theme and I do plan to slot hover with 3 def and EndRedux. I also struggle a bit with endurance running out and Psychic’s give my character a pretty hard time. The endurance issue is the main reason why I have avoided the Fighting Pool. Not only that it hasn’t seem really necessary as of yet. Outside of that any help on the current and future slotting would really be a big help. I am also stuck between what power to take at my current level of 32.  I have 2 respect available as well so again feel free to make edits if you think it’s necessary.  

Sentinel: Level 50 Science
Primary Power Set: Electric Blast
Secondary Power Set: Energy Aura
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: ?
Power Pool: 
Ancillary Pool: Psionic Mastery(?)

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Lightning Bolt—(A)(lvl3)(lvl5)(lvl17)
Level 1: Kinetic Shield—(A)(lvl3)(lvl5)(lvl13)(lvl25)
Level 2: Ball Lightning—(A)(lvl21)(lvl21)(lvl27)
Level 4: Kinetic Dampening—(A)(lvl7)(lvl9)
Level 6: Fly—(A)
Level 8: Zapping Bolt—(A)(lvl9)(lvl17)(lvl17)(lvl23)
Level 10: Power Shield—(A)(lvl11)(lvl11)(lvl13)(lvl25)
Level 12: Energize—(A)(lvl19)(lvl23)
Level 14: Hover—(A)
Level 16: Entropy Shield—(A)
Level 18: Tesla Cage—(A)(lvl31)
Level 20: Power Armor—(A)(lvl27)
Level 22: Charged Bolts—(A)
Level 24: Evasive Maneuvers—(A)
Level 26: Repelling Force—(A)(29)(29)

Level 28: Voltaic Sentinel—(A)(
Level 30: Thunderous Blast—(A)(lvl31)(lvl31)
Level 32: 
Level 35: 
Level 38: 
Level 41: 
Level 44: 
Level 47: 
Level 49: 

Level 1: Vulnerability/Opportunity 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 1: Health -- (A)(lvl7)(lvl19)
Level 1: Stamina -- (A)(lvl15)(lvl17)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Clr-Stlth(A)

Edited by ItsDecoy

I've got a Electric Blast/Energy Aura sentinel, and loving it so far!

For Defence powers - note how your active shields (Power Shield and Kinetic Shield) have much bigger base values (14% and 11.9%) than the passives Repelling Force (3.75%) and Hover (only 2%). Don't spend slots on the smaller powers yet - you can fill them out in your 40's when you have plenty of slots. (Even then, don't slot Hover beyond 1 Recharge) 

Damage powers should have 1 acc and 3 damage for maximum efficiency, with an optional recharge or end redux as needed.

Your Endurance woes - my general advice would be to slot your attack for 1 acc, 3 dam and 1 end redux for the most expensive ones.
However - Energy Aura gives you two additional tools: 
 - Energize gives you a 30 second End discount equivalent to 2 end redux in every power. 
 - And Power Drain can refill your blue bar every time its used with just 4 enemies in range, or 3 if you slot it with 1 End Mod.

I would try something like this:

1: Lightning Bolt 3 5 7
 1: Kinetic Shield 15 17 - 3 Def
 2: Ball Lightning 3 5 7 
 4: Power Shield 17 21 - 3 Def
 6: Fly
 8: Zapping Bolt 9 9 11
10: Energise 11 25       - 1 Heal, 2 Recharge
12: Tesla Cage 13 13 15 
14: Hover
16: Entropy Shield
18: Voltaic Sentinel 19 19 21
20: Charge Up
22: Short Circuit 23 23 25
24: Repelling Force
26: Thunderous Blast 27 27 - 3 Dam 
28: Power Drain 29 29     - 2 Rech, 1 End Mod
30: Power Armor

I dropped Evasive Manouvers - it only gives you a Def bonus when you're not in combat. All my fliers do fine without it.

I also dropped Charged Bolt - you have three big single target attacks already.

• 3 weeks later
On 2/13/2024 at 1:48 PM, Snarky said:

I do not have that build, this is the closest I got in mids....

elec invul sent v 2.03.mxd 5.2 kB · 22 downloads

Thank you for taking the time to share this...

However, I'm a bit new and the download seems to not work for me. Please tell me this isn't some type of Malware lol

On 2/13/2024 at 3:27 AM, Snarky said:

If you 4 slot hover i will get my lazy butt out of my coffin, walk through a bright sunny day to your house, and drain you of blood.  

LOL Is it really that Bad of an Idea? 

On 2/14/2024 at 6:16 AM, MonteCarla said:

I've got a Electric Blast/Energy Aura sentinel, and loving it so far!

For Defence powers - note how your active shields (Power Shield and Kinetic Shield) have much bigger base values (14% and 11.9%) than the passives Repelling Force (3.75%) and Hover (only 2%). Don't spend slots on the smaller powers yet - you can fill them out in your 40's when you have plenty of slots. (Even then, don't slot Hover beyond 1 Recharge) 

Damage powers should have 1 acc and 3 damage for maximum efficiency, with an optional recharge or end redux as needed.

Your Endurance woes - my general advice would be to slot your attack for 1 acc, 3 dam and 1 end redux for the most expensive ones.
However - Energy Aura gives you two additional tools: 
 - Energize gives you a 30 second End discount equivalent to 2 end redux in every power. 
 - And Power Drain can refill your blue bar every time its used with just 4 enemies in range, or 3 if you slot it with 1 End Mod.

I would try something like this:

1: Lightning Bolt 3 5 7
 1: Kinetic Shield 15 17 - 3 Def
 2: Ball Lightning 3 5 7 
 4: Power Shield 17 21 - 3 Def
 6: Fly
 8: Zapping Bolt 9 9 11
10: Energise 11 25       - 1 Heal, 2 Recharge
12: Tesla Cage 13 13 15 
14: Hover
16: Entropy Shield
18: Voltaic Sentinel 19 19 21
20: Charge Up
22: Short Circuit 23 23 25
24: Repelling Force
26: Thunderous Blast 27 27 - 3 Dam 
28: Power Drain 29 29     - 2 Rech, 1 End Mod
30: Power Armor

I dropped Evasive Manouvers - it only gives you a Def bonus when you're not in combat. All my fliers do fine without it.

I also dropped Charged Bolt - you have three big single target attacks already.

I see a lot of builds go for Short Circuit...my only thing with that is that its very close range. My guy tends to stay out of the thick of it. Is it truly worth it?

Short Circuit is your primary sapping tool. Electric Blast attacks have a chance to deal bonus damage against enemies who are low on endurance, so sapping is like a damage buff. SC is also a decent source of AOE damage while your nuke is recharging. 

So TL;DR: Yes it's worth it. If you're concerned about melee you could always just hop in, press SC, then hop back out and continue blasting. 

Edited by FupDup

Closed Beta Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/DptUBzh

1 hour ago, ItsDecoy said:

I see a lot of builds go for Short Circuit...my only thing with that is that its very close range. My guy tends to stay out of the thick of it. Is it truly worth it?

Yeah. Short Circuit saps 35% Endurance and -100% Recovery for 10 seconds

Ball Lightning (and other Electric Blast powers) sap 7% Endurance and do -40% Recovery for 5 seconds.

It saps 5 times the amount of endurance. Its the only power worth slotting for End Mod to increase the drain. ANd its the only one that floors recovery and an keep it floored.

And yeah, Short Circuit has a painfully long animation and requires melee range. This was a big problem on say a Kin/Elec Defender or a Blaster, but much less so on a Sentinel with capped defences.

Trying to build a sapper with the powersets available is still an uphill struggle, but a melee-range-living Sentinel is the best I've had so far.

If you really want to stay ranged, you have Thunderous Blast - that does huge end drain and -recovery. Work on it's recharge, as a Sentinel you an probably get it going per group on a tough team.

Edited by MonteCarla