A Fire Farm Scrapper?

Cynosure

Hello I’ll start with the idea and see what you guys think, it obviously comes with questions.

- spines/fire scrapper (exact same build as my spines/fire brute)

- fire/kin controller or corruptor

have the corruptor auto follow with FS on auto, occasionally tabbing over for some off-aoe 

The only thing I know for sure is that the combined threat cap would be lower than a brute/brute or tank/brute.

The way I see it in my HEAD is that they would broth have fire resist and defence soft caps so survivability wouldn’t be an issue, with sub 20 CD on FS I would be at a constant 400-600% damage on both characters. Every attack with the scrapper has potential to crit. 

am I missing something? Is it hard to get fire defense/resist soft cap on a scrapper? Does rage build up on a brute account for more damage than I could possibly achieve with perma FS and crits?

I can’t be the first person to think of this so I would imagine there’s a massive reason everybody uses brutes but I don’t know what it is.

Regards,

Goon.

i could be wrong but scrappers do not generate agro like brutes and tanks you will have a lot of mobs running around. not say it can't be done but farming with a brute would be faster due to mobs would be centered on the brute instead of running off and returning. not sure if i am wording this correctly or not. but hopefully you can understand what i am trying to say. 

So your taunt aura is not going to be as strong as a brute or tank, second your fire resistance will not cap to 90 like a brute or tank, fire defense you get from sets mostly and you want to aim for 45 minimum. I could see the offensive potential, but go with a brute.

I think the biggest reason, as alluded to above, is that Brutes cap resistance at 90% and Scrappers cap resistance at 75%. That 15% drop will be a huge difference in farming survivability at +4. I can't talk to the ease of getting a /Fire Scrapper to 45%+ Fire Def. (as I don't have one), but I assume it should be similar to a Brute, as all that Defense does come from power pools and set bonuses. But, that huge resistance gap is the reason (IMO) why one farms with a Brute or a Tank.

Edited by Renatos1023

Global: @Renatos

Main Defenders on Everlasting:

Liza Frost - Lv.50 Cold/Ice; Tara Sonara - Lv.50 Nature/Sonic; Voice of Gaia - Lv.50 Sonic/Sonic; Tenebrous Tide - Lv.50 Dark/Water; Elloria Neutrina - Lv.50 Empathy/Radiation;

Hailblast - Lv.50 Storm/Storm; Elektra Cross - Lv.50 Electric/Electric; Agent Sureshot - Lv.50 Trick Arrow/Electric; Agent Blayze - Lv.46 Thermal/Fire; Twilight Servant - Lv.42 Time/Dark; Commander Trax - Lv.29 Traps/Beam Rifle

At 75% vs 90% resist you are taking 250% damage compared to what a Brute would be taking (assuming both at the defense cap) and you have a lower HP pool.  Bad idea. 

Edit.  Brutes/Tanks also have 2 AOE attacks in Mu Mastery and scrappers have no option to make up for this.  

Edited by HelenCarnate