Rest

UltraAlt

I made a new character this AM.

REST didn't populate into my tray(s) when it was earned.

I had to open up the power window, and pull it down into the tray.

I didn't read all the contact stuff. Maybe the trainer told me that REST had been given to me but it it was in the power window and needed to be pulled down to the power tray..

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

• 2 months later

Yep.

It still isn't populating into trays like the other new powers when you get it.

This could be extremely discouraging for new players.

This should be fixed.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

25 minutes ago, UltraAlt said:

Yep.

It still isn't populating into trays like the other new powers when you get it.

This could be extremely discouraging for new players.

This should be fixed.

I just ran a number of new chars to level 2 and Rest (as well as Walk) populated just fine.  I did notice that it always dropped in the 10th slot on tray 1, even if there were other open spots.  Maybe you have that spot filled on your character?  From my experience just now though, Rest is populating just fine when I level up to 2.

I just ran a couple more tests.  If slot 10 is full, Rest will auto populate in another slot on tray 1.  If you have 8+ things in tray 1 when you level up to 2 Rest will not auto populate in tray 2 and it must be chosen from the powers list.  It looks like Rest is coded to only auto populate in tray 1.  As we get Walk, Rocket Pack, and Rest when leveling up to 2 I suggest keeping 3+ slots open in tray 1 if you want Rest to auto populate.

• Thumbs Up 1

55 minutes ago, Apogee said:

I just ran a couple more tests.  If slot 10 is full, Rest will auto populate in another slot on tray 1.  If you have 8+ things in tray 1 when you level up to 2 Rest will not auto populate in tray 2 and it must be chosen from the powers list.  It looks like Rest is coded to only auto populate in tray 1.  As we get Walk, Rocket Pack, and Rest when leveling up to 2 I suggest keeping 3+ slots open in tray 1 if you want Rest to auto populate.

I'm sitting her wondering how a player can have all 10 slots in tray 1 filled before reaching level 2....

1 minute ago, Rudra said:

I'm sitting her wondering how a player can have all 10 slots in tray 1 filled before reaching level 2....

S.T.A.R.T. prestige attacks, travel powers, etc.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Apogee said:

I did notice that it always dropped in the 10th slot on tray 1

I have that slot filled by the time the rest power would drop, but other powers would normally just move the next open tray slot.

56 minutes ago, Apogee said:

If slot 10 is full, Rest will auto populate in another slot on tray 1.

I usually end up with all of my tray one filled, but that is including some P2W powers, so at least it won't affect new players.

58 minutes ago, Apogee said:

It looks like Rest is coded to only auto populate in tray 1.  As we get Walk, Rocket Pack, and Rest when leveling up to 2 I suggest keeping 3+ slots open in tray 1 if you want Rest to auto populate.

In general, a new player should be okay then.

However, since new powers drop in the first open tray slot, so should rest, so it still seems to be a bug that it is limited to only being able to drop into tray 1.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Rudra said:

2 hours ago, Apogee said:

S.T.A.R.T. prestige attacks, travel powers, etc.

Exactly.

The first thing I do when I login a new character is to set up my trays, load all my macros, and go to the P2W/START vendor before I even start doing anything to gain XP.

In tray one, I slot brawl, the inherent archetype ranged power, one or two attack powers (a P2W/START power if only one attack due to having armor for the other starting power) in the first four slots

Then

5) Nem Staff, black wand, or other ranged P2W/START power or /macro flw "follow" on melee characters

6) Another P2W/STAT Power with knockback - hand grenades or plasmatic taser

7) a marco to trigger heal insps

6) a macro to tray flip to tray 2

9) a P2W/START flight power

10 or 0 (for you keyboard players) ) some kind of Sprint (Athletic, Ninja, or Beast Run)

In tray two,

5) /macro flw "follow" on melee characters

6) a macro to tray flip to tray 1

10 or 0 (for you keyboard players) ) some kind of Sprint (Athletic, Ninja, or Beast Run)

In tray three, I throw the follow macro in there if non-melee (I'll end up throwing the rest power into slot 10 aka 0 ... once that unlocks)

In tray four, I put my /macro AH "ah", Mystic Fortune/Inner Inspiration/Secondary Mutation, a gratz and thanks macros, and sometimes one of the START buff pets.

In tray five, any toggle powers.

In tray six, a DFB related macro, and the that green fast travel power access list button,

in tray seven, ... I might go to the Icon before even starting adventuring to set up some costumes, maybe even including a IB (innocent bystander) costume, make macros for the costume changes, maybe some extra emote macros to do before the costume change macro, and put them in this tray.

In tray eight, /macro fx0 "noparticles 1" and /macro fx1 "noparticles 0"

In tray nine, nothing unless I'm setting up an IB tray with basic low power attacks like brawl, the inherent archetype throwing weapon, maybe a P2W/START Power or two

7) a marco to costume change into "super" mode

.... and then it is usually time to run around and get the badges to unlock the fast travel power by hitting the explore badges in Altas, the pocket D, Steel, and Talos ...

Once done with all that, I start looking for ways to get XP.

So yeah, my tray 1 is full by the time the rest power drops ... every time.

Edited by UltraAlt
grrr... it turned my 6)'s into happy sunglasses face emojis!

9 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

Exactly.

The first thing I do when I login a new character is to set up my trays, load all my macros, and go to the P2W/START vendor before I even start doing anything to gain XP.

In tray one, I slot brawl, the inherent archetype ranged power, one or two attack powers (a P2W/START power if only one attack due to having armor for the other starting power) in the first four slots

Then

5) Nem Staff, black wand, or other ranged P2W/START power or /macro flw "follow" on melee characters

6) Another P2W/STAT Power with knockback - hand grenades or plasmatic taser

6) a macro to tray flip to tray 2

In tray two,

5) /macro flw "follow" on melee characters

In tray three, I throw the follow macro in there if non-melee (I'll end up throwing the rest power into slot 10 aka 0 ... once that unlocks)

In tray four, I put my /macro AH "ah", Mystic Fortune/Inner Inspiration/Secondary Mutation, a gratz and thanks macros, and sometimes one of the START buff pets.

In tray five, any toggle powers.

In tray six, a DFB related macro, and the that green fast travel power access list button,

in tray seven, ... I might go to the Icon before even starting adventuring to set up some costumes, maybe even including a IB (innocent bystander) costume, make macros for the costume changes, maybe some extra emote macros to do before the costume change macro, and put them in this tray.

In tray eight, /macro fx0 "noparticles 1" and /macro fx1 "noparticles 0"

In tray nine, nothing unless I'm setting up an IB tray with basic low power attacks like brawl, the inherent archetype throwing weapon, maybe a P2W/START Power or two

7) a marco to costume change into "super" mode

.... and then it is usually time to run around and get the badges to unlock the fast travel power by hitting the explore badges in Altas, the pocket D, Steel, and Talos ...

Once done with all that, I start looking for ways to get XP.

So yeah, my tray 1 is full by the time the rest power drops ... every time.

Meh. Difference in play style. The first thing I do on a new character, after editing my chat tabs, so the 2nd thing, is I move my various powers and macros, including any START powers, between my 3 or 4 trays. So my tray 1 starts out empty except for 2 powers, whatever my primary and secondary are. Everything else is split on trays 2-4 depending on what they are or are for.

• Thumbs Up 1