Quick Form Snipes. Bleh.

Acrizer

1 minute ago, Greycat said:

I want *range,* which is the *point* of a snipe. Not "OMG I need another power I can use at shorter ranges for moah DPS in a powerset type that's nothing but DPS!" I don't know of any other game where someone looks at a sniper and goes "OMG, they need to be right up front and in close range to use their abilities!"

If you are in combat and using your other attacks, the extra range of the snipe is useless on those targets. And....

4 minutes ago, Greycat said:

I can sit *out* of range and take out troublesome mobs *before they're troublesome.*

...if there are still targets in range to be fought, something at snipe range almost certainly isn't aggroed on you or your party. Otherwise it would not be sitting there waiting to be sniped. But I suppose there is some reason for, "Oh wait, hold on...going to ignore all the guys here fighting my party so I can snipe some guy down the hallway (and hope his death doesn't trigger his spawn to come running)."

8 minutes ago, Greycat said:

And I certainly have never had a team complain about "mah DPS" when I'm taking out troublesome mobs before they could affect the team (no DPS when you're held, or sapped of END, for instance) or pulling from a distance.

Most people are not relentlessly observing everyone on the team to see how efficient or not they are being. Its a kind of trust the other guy to be doing something useful thing and so long as they stay at a level where being less that optimal is not noticed, nobody cares. There is a fairly wide bit of latitude most people are willing to grant. "Oh, maybe he's hurt and trying to stay alive. Maybe that is why he is running away."