Gamma issue

*Espy

Windows: How to brighten gamma on tray buttons/chat windows/charater select screens/loading screens? Gamma only works for gameplay now. So dark since the patch and can not be brightened with gamma setting. Is it me?

It's not just you. I was going to take some screen shots and make a post about this in a little while and I already messaged a couple people asking if there was a way to use commands to adjust the gamma for UI windows specifically.

As of yesterday I have a really hard time reading gold or purple recipes and the UI windows are definitely much darker than they used to be. I've always had a tough time reading anything in the windows in red fonts and now that red may as well be black cause I can't see it due to how dark the background is. Which is odd to say cause red is supposed to be a bright colour.

Edited by LKN-351

In some windows the red isnt so bad, like the missing salvage from recipes... but that one has a different gradient behind it than the options menu which is definitely hard to read.

The targeting window is hard to read with certain targets also depending on what colour the character name is.

Untitled.png

Wow, adding the image here, it doesn't look as bad but its still not great.

Edited by LKN-351
added info PS

I'm also facing a hard to describe issue, it feels like something is off with the daytime schedule.  Most of my missions are very dark.  I've checked through all the graphic settings and can't seem to find what is causing it but something feels very off about it.  I have a screenshot of what it used to look like but the new screenshot isn't doing the in game feel justice.  It's just like everything feels really DARK compared to previous.  And it's straining my eyes quite a bit.

I've been fighting this too since the update.

Also, I really need a /windowscale for every single window in the game at this point. I know there is a list of many of the window names, but not all of them.

• City Council
On 3/2/2024 at 8:04 PM, insulinboy said:

I'm also facing a hard to describe issue, it feels like something is off with the daytime schedule.  Most of my missions are very dark.  I've checked through all the graphic settings and can't seem to find what is causing it but something feels very off about it.  I have a screenshot of what it used to look like but the new screenshot isn't doing the in game feel justice.  It's just like everything feels really DARK compared to previous.  And it's straining my eyes quite a bit.

Can you post them side by side? At 100% gamma there should be no difference between page 6 and 7 as none of the rendering changed at all, at least not after the first post-page 7 patched rolled back the problematic shaders.

As for the setting not affecting the UI, that's one of the downsides of the way it's being done now. Since it was completely broken for maybe 50% of people before and the slider did absolutely nothing at all, it's kind of a tradeoff in order to have a working setting. In time it may be possible to change the way the UI is rendered so that it can be affected as well, but it will take some very careful testing to make sure it doesn't knock anything else in the house of cards over.

• City Council
3 hours ago, Oklahoman said:

Also, I really need a /windowscale for every single window in the game at this point. I know there is a list of many of the window names, but not all of them.

Pretty sure the list on the wiki is it. If it has a name it's there. Not all windows have names, not all of them can be scaled individually, not all of them are saved and persistent across game sessions, and not all UI elements are even part of a window.

The lack of the ability to scale everything is the entire reason the global UI scale setting was created. Maybe there's a way you can leverage that to hit the windows you can't access, then individually scale the rest of them back down.

• Like 2