Build Critique: Archery/Ninja

This is my first time doing a build myself instead of just looking up something (even though I used Frozen Burn's DP/Ninja build as a foundation here), and I'd like some feedback on it to see if there's anyway to bump up the defenses a little more. I'd be willing to give up the Status Effect powers (Blinding Powder, Stunning Shot) and Maneuvers if there were ways to bring up defenses more. (Editorial: I'd also appreciate suggestions for avoiding taking Leadership powers because those are in almost every build I've seen).

My only real request would be if someone could suggest a way to replace Scorpion Shield because I don't really like having to do a Patron Arc to unlock access to a power.

Night Strike - Blaster (Archery - Ninja Training).mbd

1 hour ago, lolcritrockets said:

This is my first time doing a build myself instead of just looking up something (even though I used Frozen Burn's DP/Ninja build as a foundation here), and I'd like some feedback on it to see if there's anyway to bump up the defenses a little more. I'd be willing to give up the Status Effect powers (Blinding Powder, Stunning Shot) and Maneuvers if there were ways to bring up defenses more. (Editorial: I'd also appreciate suggestions for avoiding taking Leadership powers because those are in almost every build I've seen).

My only real request would be if someone could suggest a way to replace Scorpion Shield because I don't really like having to do a Patron Arc to unlock access to a power.

Night Strike - Blaster (Archery - Ninja Training).mbd 43.63 kB · 0 downloads

Hey.  Since you mentioned me, I thought I would offer some suggestions.  🙂  

Completely understand about doing a patron arc to get Scorpion Shield.  But a lot of times, people will advertise they are running the final mission and you can just join for it and get the badge without running the arc yourself.  You would have to be a vigilante, rogue, or villain, though.  Otherwise, your only other option for a defensive shield is the Ice epic pool, and to get Ice Shield, you'd have to take another power in the set first - another reason why Scorpion Shield is so attractive - you don't have to take another power to get your shield!

Anyway, attached below has some edits that I came up for you....

• Being Archery vs DP (from my build you started with), I imagine you'll be at range a lot more than I am with DP where I am in melee mostly.  You will probably be jousting a lot so you'll want to focus more on ranged defense and Scorp / Ice Shields do very little for you in that regard. 
  • Given that (and your wish to not do patron arc), I dropped Scorp Shield and picked up Choking powder for 5 slotting Winter Hold set for the ranged Def.
  • Moved lots of slotting around.
  • Got rid of devastations and Apocalypse for the HPs, and switched some slotting around to get Thunderstikes and the Winter Ranged set for more ranged Def.
  • Slotted up maneuvers.
  • Dropped Mighty Leap and gave you Super Jump instead since you were maxed on your 4 pools.  This allows you to take Combat Jumping later on (instead of Blinding Powder) for more Def and another LotG +global rech.
  • Reversed your sets in Fistful of Arrows and Explosive Arrow - FA can better use the Ragnarok Chance for KD proc and EA will be better suited for the Overwhelming Force KB > KD proc.  This will make both AOEs KD instead of one of them having enhanced KB.
  • Added a +Stealth IO to your sprint so you'll have complete invisibility.

This brings you up to the soft cap on Ranged defense and should do you well, even for the times you pop in and out of melee to quickly use your sword attacks.

Night Strike - Blaster (Archery - Ninja Training).mbd

Edited by Frozen Burn
  • Thumbs Up 1