Global Accuracy, Resistance, Binds, and Incarnates

Just a few quick things off the top of my head:

1) As i am leveling up and slotting, I am finding when I play on +3/+4 content on teams, my powers miss. I am ok with the mires not hitting a lot, but I absolutely need that eclipse to hit. Whats the best way to slot it?

2) I only use the human form for eclipse, mire, cycle, nuke, and pet extraction. How many of the shields do you all run? I grabbed tough and weave late, plus i have the basic gravity shield for S/L. Maybe I need better set bonuses or def? I don't want to run leadership too, but I may. My current toggles are S/L shield, tough, weave, CJ, the stealth toggle, and super speed. (i forgot the names of the stealth and the S/L resist)

3) I am finding I have to click bind buttons twice sometimes to switch from crab to human. I do a lot of switching and I hate seeing the greyed out tray. Is this normal?

4) I am starting to think about alpha slot. I am not concerned about adding more resistance or damage via the slot since I can cap both of those with powers. I was considering recharge or accuracy. Maybe even end redux. What do you all do for alpha? I was also considering the -tohit incarnate for attacks to facilitate team survival along with melee hybrid and the +def destiny.

5) Does anyone split either of the Kheldian ATOs? where do you all put them?

Edited by arkieboy72472

14 hours ago, arkieboy72472 said:

Just a few quick things off the top of my head:

1) As i am leveling up and slotting, I am finding when I play on +3/+4 content on teams, my powers miss. I am ok with the mires not hitting a lot, but I absolutely need that eclipse to hit. Whats the best way to slot it?

2) I only use the human form for eclipse, mire, cycle, nuke, and pet extraction. How many of the shields do you all run? I grabbed tough and weave late, plus i have the basic gravity shield for S/L. Maybe I need better set bonuses or def? I don't want to run leadership too, but I may. My current toggles are S/L shield, tough, weave, CJ, the stealth toggle, and super speed. (i forgot the names of the stealth and the S/L resist)

3) I am finding I have to click bind buttons twice sometimes to switch from crab to human. I do a lot of switching and I hate seeing the greyed out tray. Is this normal?

4) I am starting to think about alpha slot. I am not concerned about adding more resistance or damage via the slot since I can cap both of those with powers. I was considering recharge or accuracy. Maybe even end redux. What do you all do for alpha? I was also considering the -tohit incarnate for attacks to facilitate team survival along with melee hybrid and the +def destiny.

5) Does anyone split either of the Kheldian ATOs? where do you all put them?

Heya hun!

1 - If you are levelling and not fully slotted and joining +3/+4 teams then yes you will miss a TON, If you want to be effective on your team join content around your level 🙂

2 - Eclipse should be maxing out your resist caps so the shields will end up just draining your endurance so not worth it to have toggled on ❤️

3 - Which binds are you using hun? If it's the changeling binds then yes you have to press it twice for it to work, if you want to post what bind you're using we can help more 🙂

4 - I personally like to take Alpha until the rest of my build is sorted as it adds a ton of recharge to all powers and also gives you more end from sources.

5 - The highly depends on the build and what you are after, for instance I have Essence Transfer split into two sets of 3 for the 20% recharge bonus, but you might want to 6 slot it for the 10% recharge bonus and 5% in melee and ranged defence ❤️ 

Hope this helps a bit!

- Lauci x

• Like 2

Incarnates:

You will cap damage against a crowd but not necessarily against the bosses left once the crowd is cleared. For this reason, my incarnates are geared to getting more damage.

My defaults are Musculature Core Paragon for the Alpha and Assault Radial Embodiment for the Hybrid.

Against easy mobs or in teams, I can also use Spiritual Alpha or Melee Hybrid. But solo against tougher mobs, I prefer damage.

On 3/4/2024 at 9:02 AM, Laucianna said:

Heya hun!

1 - If you are levelling and not fully slotted and joining +3/+4 teams then yes you will miss a TON, If you want to be effective on your team join content around your level 🙂

2 - Eclipse should be maxing out your resist caps so the shields will end up just draining your endurance so not worth it to have toggled on ❤️

3 - Which binds are you using hun? If it's the changeling binds then yes you have to press it twice for it to work, if you want to post what bind you're using we can help more 🙂

4 - I personally like to take Alpha until the rest of my build is sorted as it adds a ton of recharge to all powers and also gives you more end from sources.

5 - The highly depends on the build and what you are after, for instance I have Essence Transfer split into two sets of 3 for the 20% recharge bonus, but you might want to 6 slot it for the 10% recharge bonus and 5% in melee and ranged defence ❤️ 

Hope this helps a bit!

- Lauci x

I learned I had no slot for ACC in eclipse. I fixed that. I have the power Frankenslotted now and it works better. Now that I have more resists and defenses from both uniques and sets, my human mode survival is now better. It took more set bonuses. I made it to 50, but the true jump in power came from better slotting and more recharge. Getting mezzed while in human form is still my weakness. 

As for incarnates starting with alpha I picked the recharge one. Having more recharge plus whatever extras it offers seemed like the best pick. My global recharge is miles better now as well. 

I am using the binds from the MF war shade guide. I am using 4 or so binds total:

the one he has listed for teleport in human form, the bind to turn me into a squid, the bind to turn me into a dwarf and set dwarf teleport up, and the bind to go human, Detoggle the other two forms and then set up the teleport again. These binds also go to certian trays so I can press 1-6 or so without shift, alt, ctrl.

so I think I am using the three buttons X for crab, C for Human, V for squid (my least used form). 

The only issues I have are 1) with any critter that mezzes hard since human form has little protection. I have to go crab and switch back when the mezz wears off. 2) having to press the form change button twice so that I can activate powers. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Last post for now.

I switched alpha slot to Musculature Radial. The extra damage is worth more than the trivial recharge. I just about have this WarShade slotted as good as it can be. The main issue it has is when i go against 1 powerful enemy, but that is every Warshade's issue. That is: every power relies on bodies, but what do you do when it's just you against an AV? In my case I just get into tank form and try to maintain aggro while everyone else fights. In the event the party has a tank, I will blast at range, then nuke whenever the nuke is up. It's all you CAN do.

99% of the time when you are playing, you are a machine running smooth as butter, 1% of the time you do what you can. That's the warshade life.

Edited by arkieboy72472