OMG The Freaking Choices Lol!! Okay.. help me with this please = Force Field

Kodo

Here's what I'm trying to do:

I want to be the most optimal Force Field Support possible. I don't want to be a main healer but I do what to be an extremely great support asset so that everybody on the team is more powerful per say.

How do I build that?

Also, is Origin relevant in this?

I'm overwhelmed by choices and I dont want to have to reroll lol.

tytyty

Here's what I'm trying to do:

I want to be the most optimal Force Field Support possible. I don't want to be a main healer but I do what to be an extremely great support asset so that everybody on the team is more powerful per say.

How do I build that?

Also, is Origin relevant in this?

I'm overwhelmed by choices and I dont want to have to reroll lol.

tytyty

Force Field of course is of decent support, of this there is no doubt.  What we have to perhaps consider is your desire of "most" and "great".

Your force fields are the primary support.  Your secondary support thus comes in the forum of either choosing an AT's damage or your choices of power pools as you're leveling up(leadership's additional teamwide defense, damage, and accuracy buffs and/or taking medicines heals, etc etc.

Also there are some other options to consider too(such as taking traps which has a force field generator power as opposed to doing the full force field set).

So Defender, Corruptor, Mastermind are your forcefield or traps playing main choices. 

From there, the primary/secondary paired with those AT's, which consist mostly of damage dealing do have some control / debuffing  in them to offer team support as opposed to straight up damage.

You simply will need to read the info for those different sets and pay attention to what is stated in the details of those powers as there are too many to list and explain here.

As for origin,  philotic knight (as usual) only vaguely mentions things in regards to this topic.  However yes, for the most part it has no bearing in game choices -but-, it -does- affect some things.

1. From the  P2W vendor, your choices of free prestige powers have some that give more damage based on your origin.  Magic Origin for example gets more damage with the Origin version of the Black Wand which while that doesn't seem like a big deal, some people still use that and the other prestige powers even at 50 because the damage scales as you level. You just need to read the details on those powers in relation to the origin you choose.

2. Your starting missions.  At level 1-2, your origin determines your starting contact and story arc missions.  With Later missions and their contacts this isn't really the case though as they start to feed all players into the same sets. 

3. Enhancers, if you choose to use Dual Origin or Single Origin enhancers at any time(not recommended once you can start crafting Invention enhancers(IO's), your origin restricts which type of those enhancers you can use.

So these things while having some relevance when you begin are worthy to remember, as you progress their importance becomes less.

2. Your starting missions.  At level 1-2, your origin determines your starting contact and story arc missions.  With Later missions and their contacts this isn't really the case though as they start to feed all players into the same sets. 

Not entirely.  If you start with Galaxy City, you probably won't even KNOW those contacts are there, and will be directed to a contact outside of the hall to the left of the steps.  Origin has no bearing on these mission arcs.

Furthermore, if you start on the Rogue Isles or in Praetoria, Origin literally means nothing to who you are getting missions from.

3. Enhancers, if you choose to use Dual Origin or Single Origin enhancers at any time(not recommended once you can start crafting Invention enhancers(IO's), your origin restricts which type of those enhancers you can use.

To expand on this, it also can affect who you want to take missions from and against.  While in DO range, doing Midnighter missions range is good for Magic, Mutant, and Natural Origins, because they are missions focused on Magic-based enemies.  However, once you progress in to SO ranges, they are better for Magic Origins alone.

Oddly enough, I've noticed most Praetorian missions will often just give you the appropriate enhancement to your Origin, unless you are facing against Vanguard or Arachnos.

Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

They called me crazy? They called me insane? THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

If you plan to do endgame stuff and you must go Force Field, go Corruptor or Controller.  There's no point at all to a Force Field Defender in endgame, simply because at level 50 most people have softcapped defense anyway.  And I say that as someone that mained a Force Field/Fire Blast Defender for over two years.  I was able to provide a 38% extra defense to everyone, but since everyone was softcapped anyway, it was mostly a waste.  Your primary will be of much more value.

FF/Dark Blast.

Dark blast powers have a built in -tohit that can be enhanced. You can build like 20% debuff for about 10 seconds, which is all the time a team will need. That combined with the bubbles makes the rest of the team almost unhittable. There's a power in the blast set called Tenebrous Tentacles that is a  cone immobilize with a nice range that is almost too good.

Freedom toons:

Illuminata

Phoebros

Mim

Ogrebane

Not entirely.  If you start with Galaxy City, you probably won't even KNOW those contacts are there, and will be directed to a contact outside of the hall to the left of the steps. 

Galaxy city option for heroes no longer exists since it was switched during issue 21 to being a coop tutorial for Primal Earth characters.  All heroes unless praetorian will start in Atlas.

So Defender, Corruptor, Mastermind are your forcefield or traps playing main choices.

Not sure how controllers aren't listed.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Not entirely.  If you start with Galaxy City, you probably won't even KNOW those contacts are there, and will be directed to a contact outside of the hall to the left of the steps. 

Galaxy city option for heroes no longer exists since it was switched during issue 21 to being a coop tutorial for Primal Earth characters.  All heroes unless praetorian will start in Atlas.

The Galaxy City tutorial IS the option I was speaking of.  For Tutorials you have the choice of the original tutorials as well as Galaxy City.

Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

They called me crazy? They called me insane? THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.