Fire questions

Snarky

So…

Rain of Fire does use and needs accuracy, right?

Cauterizing Aura does no damage and does not break stealth even though wiki and mids say otherwise?

Burn???   Needs accuracy??

Hot Feet…. Part of it needs accuracy? Which part?

Bonfire…. Does mot need accuracy?

Melt Armor does need accuracy?

also, any tips on clever frankenslotting these powers?

Rain of Fire: needs accuracy. 

Burn: needs accuracy. 

Hot Feet: needs accuracy for the damage. The slow is autohit. I like slotting with Ice Mistral's Torment.

Bonfire: this was changed in p7. The blaster/mastermind version now requires accuracy for both the damage and the KB/KD. The KB/KD is still autohit on the controller version. 

Melt Armor: needs accuracy. I usually 3-slot with Shield Breaker or Analyze Weakness. You can add procs if you're so inclined. 

Cauterizing Aura: the damage suppresses if you are concealed. From the i27p1 patch notes: "If you are concealed (from Stealth or a similar power) this power will not impact foes unless you are in combat (it will no longer accidentally break stealth)" 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Snarky @Uun

Rain of Fire does not need accuracy.  While yes, there is an accuracy check, it has a base value of 150%.  Most powers have a base of 75% and need at least a single "SO's-worth" of Acc in it to get it to 100%. 

Any global +Acc you may have from your build will increase ROFs 150% even more... so, slotting Acc in RoF is overkill.  If some extra Acc happens to land in it from a set - great.  But I have a single Res Debuff proc in mine and is sitting at 231% Acc and have no issues with mobs not getting hit, even end-game incarnates. 

8 minutes ago, Frozen Burn said:

@Snarky @Uun

Rain of Fire does not need accuracy.  While yes, there is an accuracy check, it has a base value of 150%.  Most powers have a base of 75% and need at least a single "SO's-worth" of Acc in it to get it to 100%. 

Any global +Acc you may have from your build will increase ROFs 150% even more... so, slotting Acc in RoF is overkill.  If some extra Acc happens to land in it from a set - great.  But I have a single Res Debuff proc in mine and is sitting at 231% Acc and have no issues with mobs not getting hit, even end-game incarnates. 

Thanks, due to my strange build plan (chasing mediocre overall defense number, acc, +dam) I slotted a full set of sup winters in RoF.  

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Frozen Burn said:

@Snarky @Uun

Not true. The pseudo-pet has standard 1.0 base accuracy (75% vs. even con).

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=pets.rainoffire.rainoffire&at=minion_pets

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1