staff, Katana, and 2 blade.. 3 different AT's

I "need" to make a brute, a scrapper, and a stalker.  I want to try Staff fighting, Katana/Ninja Blade, and dual-blades.  So, If each of those three powers had to go on a different one of those AT's, which would you put on each AT and why?  What secondaries would you pair them with?  Do you think any of these would just be much better for a tanker (as in, actually seemed designed for tankers, as opposed to just tankers being good so everything is better on them.)

I figured some people might enjoy the thought exercise. Thanks.

• Like 1

Staff Fighting is best on Stalkers as you get more single-target damage.  I would pair it with Stone Armor, personally.  It's a very good combination.

Katana is good on Brutes, and the extra +defense is nice for slotting options.  For secondary, I would personally go with Bio Armor or Electric Armor, but your mileage may vary.

Dual Blades is best on Stalkers like Staff, but doesn't suffer as much as Staff on other ATs, so Scrapper.  Dual Blades really likes as much +recharge as humanly possible, so Energy Aura would go well with it.

Dual Blades and Staff have 2 cones and 1 pbaoe, while Katana has 1 cone and 1 pbaoe so that might favor DB/Staff for a tanker over Katana at least

The Dual Blades combo system is fairly simple but might play better on an armor set like Super Reflexes where you're not interrupting your combos to lay a burn patch or hit energy absorption or ground zero

I have a staff/bio scrapper because you can never have too many toggles.

My katana/electric brute seems very underwhelming because of my alcohol fueled slotting, probably going to do a total rebuild next time i tap my other builds for funds.

Don't have a stalker that uses a blade, but I do have a dual blade/electric brute that is a joy to play.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Lusiphur Malache said:

I have a staff/bio scrapper because you can never have too many toggles.

My katana/electric brute seems very underwhelming because of my alcohol fueled slotting, probably going to do a total rebuild next time i tap my other builds for funds.

Don't have a stalker that uses a blade, but I do have a dual blade/electric brute that is a joy to play.

So which brute do you think you play more assuming "proper" slotting?

1 hour ago, Hardboiled Hero said:

So which brute do you think you play more assuming "proper" slotting?

The dual blade/electric is much older and i'm comfortable with it.  I doubt I'll play either much after I get the katana fixed and T4d but that might take a lot of testing and maybe 50 million.  The Katana is an interesting weapon, doesn't hit hard, but I rarely miss and I can swing forever.