Psy melee, ATO spot?

Thraxen

Is it the t8 attack that’s the best spot?  I’m trying psy again since there is a psy ancillary now. I played psy a few years ago and cannot remember where I had it slotted. Seems like it was one of those that didn’t have a perfect spot for it. 

I have always 6-slotted both of the Scrapper ATO sets. Generally I don't think they lend themselves to 'franken-slotting', but if

• I didn't want the 6-piece bonus from Scrapper's Strike, and
  • There was a long-enough recharge power I wanted to fire faster

Then I would consider franken-slotting that longer recharge power with the Scrapper's Strike Recharge/Global Crit Bonus. So maybe Mass Levitate?

The only thing working against my considering it for Greater Psi Blade is that I would almost certainly 5-slot Greater Psi Blade with some set, and add the very rare Unbreakable Constraint %Smashing piece as the final piece for that attack.

51 minutes ago, tidge said:

Generally I don't think they lend themselves to 'franken-slotting'

For defense based builds, probably not.  But for most of my builds splitting the Scrappers Strike 3-3 helps my overall survival.  I don’t often slot the entire Critical Strikes either:  usually just the proc or the proc +2 pieces for accuracy.

For pai melee, you ideally want crit strikes available for both Mass Levitate and for Greater Psi Blade, so I like to look for secondaries like Shiwld or Bio or Rad.  But given a choice, I’ll slot it in Mass Levitate and slot Greater Psi with Two purple damage procs (often 5- of Hecatomb).

• Like 1

Who run Bartertown?