Issue 27....page 7 (why do we still have pages?)...story arc Feedback thread.

So, I haven't gotten to any of the new arcs until today. My SG mates and I went to the RWZ to try out the new Piecemeal arc. Let's just say...no bueno... I won't repeat what most of the others said. It wasn't my cup of tea right from the start. You begin with a long run around (contact to base). Then just a blitz of dialogue that no one can really fully comprehend during the mission. Then just...I don't know. It was bad. Sorry Devs. I do like this game a lot but this arc was not good...at all. 

What did everyone else think now that it's gone live? Are the other new arcs better? Worse? I'd love to hear from the rest of the Supers!

On Piecemeal, it's just a part of the whole story started with the Steel Canyon Arc, continued with Buzzsaw, then tied into the Galaxy City part.  So,  I liked how it tied a few different things from past lore as well.

The new Striga arcs are interesting for similar lore continuation, but more traditional beating up stuff.

I did the Piecemeal arcas well.  I too was disappointed. 

One reason for my disappointment was because the patch notes claimed that it can be played with a full team of 8 level 50 players.  Although true, it is designed for solo play.  Having 8 piecemeals with the same powerset is silly and immersion breaking.  And missions with long cutscenes and conversation trees don't work well with teams.

The second issue I had with the piecemeal arc was that the mission goals were unclear.  At one point, it requires you to search a room, and you could not progress until you stepped on the right location or clicked on the right item.  At another point, it required you to go to certain locations like the arena or the AE building, based solely on the mission text.  It assumed that players would be able to find these buildings in the map.  At a third point, it showed a map marker to go to, but that map marker was placed on the wrong spot. 

Concerning the villain Striga arcs, I am interested in playing them. but I could not find them in ouro.  Are they accessible in ouro?  Do I need to be a rogue or villain to see them?  I looked for them as a vigilante.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, lemming said:

On Piecemeal, it's just a part of the whole story started with the Steel Canyon Arc, continued with Buzzsaw, then tied into the Galaxy City part.  So,  I liked how it tied a few different things from past lore as well.

The new Striga arcs are interesting for similar lore continuation, but more traditional beating up stuff.

I may try out the Striga arcs with some teams. I don't see many wanting to do it in LFG but I will keep an eye out for them.

Story is a part of this game, for sure. However, game play should be #1. That RWZ was not fun. Asymptotic noted some other good points as well. It was just a poorly constructed mission and I don't plan on doing it ever again. 

I appreciate the HC Devs and all that they do so I hope they don't get upset with this feedback. I feel it's important to provide honest feedback and hopefully others do as well. It should help shape a better game from here on out.

17 hours ago, Asymptotic said:

Concerning the villain Striga arcs, I am interested in playing them. but I could not find them in ouro.  Are they accessible in ouro?  Do I need to be a rogue or villain to see them?  I looked for them as a vigilante.

Yes, you need to be red to see them in Ouro.

Fair point on Piecemeal.   It's not for everyone, and for the story, can be done once.   (Unless you have a bunch of badgers)