ice/dark corruptor

Ukase

Lately, I've been enjoying an ice/dark corruptor. Probably enjoying the ice more than the dark, but given my roots as an ice/ice blaster, that's probably to be expected. 

I have two builds, one is very close to the current build I'm using now. The second is an adjusted build with a different patron pool. The numbers aren't THAT different, really. I could go either way. My concern is accuracy. I could, I suppose, forgo the cardiac option and pursue something else in the Alpha like Nerve. 

Anyways, figured I'd post these two builds, and some of you folks might take a look and immediately see something that looks off. 
Or, you might see that I left some setting on, that should have been off. I have a nasty habit of leaving vengeance on and wondering why the build in game doesn't measure up. 

Cold Miner - Corruptor (Ice Blast - Dark Miasma).mbd Cold MinerDarkMastery - Corruptor (Ice Blast - Dark Miasma).mbd

Yes, I did. Mainly because the -tohit is pretty much leaving me untouched. Figured I'd guard against the hits that do make it through. Because when something floors defense, anecdotally, it doesn't seem to matter if I have 60%, or 16%, it results in getting hit a lot. But that's just anecdotal evidence, meaningless. 

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Ukase said:

Yes, I did. Mainly because the -tohit is pretty much leaving me untouched. Figured I'd guard against the hits that do make it through. Because when something floors defense, anecdotally, it doesn't seem to matter if I have 60%, or 16%, it results in getting hit a lot. But that's just anecdotal evidence, meaningless. 

You are giving me ideas.  I am rebuilding my Dark Dark Corr as one of my mains.  Maybe I should lean into res and +heath… He has two huge heals….

4 hours ago, Snarky said:

You are giving me ideas.  I am rebuilding my Dark Dark Corr as one of my mains.  Maybe I should lean into res and +heath… He has two huge heals….

You may recall my telling you that I'd made an ice/dark corruptor...and then discovered I'd already had one buried in one of the many pages of alts. 
That one is currently level 40. I look at my older builds and think sometimes, "Pretty clever. How'd I forget that?" or, I think, "Sheesh. What was I thinking? That's crap!" 

So, since that older forgotten one is geared for defense, I figured I'd gear this one of up for resistance. Isn't that why we have so many character slots? 

Mids is a great tool, but sometimes a character that looks fantastic in mids doesn't play fantastic in game. And, I suppose, this is why I make the builds in the first place, to see if the build plays as good as the numbers suggest it does. 

There are a couple of things about the ice/dark that bug me, but if it didn't have that couple of things, it would probably be too "good" and someone from the powers section within the HC dev team would swing the nerf hammer. "Surely you see that if you're building your entire character around that one power, it must be brought in line, right?" 
Nope. I'm far too obtuse to see such things. Willfully blind. Say, that could be a name for an alt...but I digress. 

As far as health goes, the corruptor hp cap is 1606.35. I'm not sure reaching that cap is worth the squeeze. Or were you thinking about the strength/amount of the heals? I'd say something like "can't hurt", but in a fashion, it could, if you end up sacrificing other attributes like recharge. 

My next experiment is to visit brainstorm, and use that temp from p2w and analyze various bosses to see how twilight grasp and tar patch impact them, and then compare those values to something like envenomed dagger and the apprentice charm that magic origin characters get at level 1. 

The apprentice charm does -resist, and the dagger does -regen. If I find out those two in conjunction do what tar patch and twilight grasp do..well, it'll be sad. Fortunately TP and TG do more than just the one thing. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ukase said:

You may recall my telling you that I'd made an ice/dark corruptor...and then discovered I'd already had one buried in one of the many pages of alts. 
That one is currently level 40. I look at my older builds and think sometimes, "Pretty clever. How'd I forget that?" or, I think, "Sheesh. What was I thinking? That's crap!" 

As far as health goes, the corruptor hp cap is 1606.35. I'm not sure reaching that cap is worth the squeeze. Or were you thinking about the strength/amount of the heals? I'd say something like "can't hurt", but in a fashion, it could, if you end up sacrificing other attributes like recharge. 

It is easy to be seduced by something in MiDs only to play it in game and think WTF?  and vice versa.  Some things that like trash in MiDs actually play great.  It can be a fun house mirror.

I was just thinking as I look at ways to rebuild the Dark Dark Corr I should see if Res or +Health are options I could lean into.  My Dark Dark Brute lives by the motto "if you cannot kill me with your best shot i will be at full health for your second." Dark Dark Corr has two very powerful heals, so if not faceplanted likewise can be at full health very quickly.