XP boosts/XP curve playing without

Ghost49X

you can turn off xp if you want.

yes, but...

But it would be nice to have the option to not have to micromanage turning on/off XP, but rather be able to earn it at a slower pace.  Much like the XP Boosters aren't double XP only, but provide various tiers.  And turning off XP doesn't boost your inf gain.

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

yes, but...

But it would be nice to have the option to not have to micromanage turning on/off XP, but rather be able to earn it at a slower pace.  Much like the XP Boosters aren't double XP only, but provide various tiers.  And turning off XP doesn't boost your inf gain.

That and if they're going to cater to those who don't have the patience and need to grind multiple toons to 50 in the matter of hours by giving them XP Boosters to farm they might as well give those on the other side of that scale the same catering. Besides it's not like those who use the boosters and farm the AE and DFB would have done anything different without the boosters.

This can't be the normal pace, I finish contacts in my zone and I have to skip up to two zones ahead of where I should be. Even without DFB, the AE or boosters I've made almost 10 levels after running with a team for for about 6 hours.

It's been years (heh.), but that's about what I remember the leveling rate being. For a long time, it was trivial to outlevel your contacts, particularly when you start running TFs. So far on Homecoming, I've run DFB once on one character to see what it was like (and may run it on a Defender I'm working on; I haven't decided), and have been using the notoriety adjustments to bump missions back up when I've outleveled them, or leave them at the lower level if I'm only interested in the badge they give (i.e., the Spelunker mission), with the standard 'complete this mission' toss for the inevitable "You're sending me to the Perez Park Security Chief at level 7, and he wants me to clean up the CoT?" mission. At least for the level-11 mission in Faultline I've gotten on seven characters now, I can expect to be able to skirt around all the purple mobs to get to the door.

A thing that you can do if you are out leveling your missions is to crank up your missions, 1+, 2+.

I do that after grouping up and gaining a few levels, keeps the mobs from being grey to you.

The most annoying aspect is when you out level your contact and they only give you a new contact and no more missions.